StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Strong multi-mth consolidation scan...<< >>Post Follow-up
jhenninger
63 posts
msg #90666
Ignore jhenninger
4/1/2010 3:21:19 PM

Hello all,

Just had a quick question about some syntax. I am basically trying to create a scan that has the ability of catching technical patterns that are similar to the action EK has experienced over the past 2 months. One that essentially looks for stocks that staged a big move about 2-mths ago and have been consolidating that advance in a quiet manner since. I'm not very tech savvy so I thought that I might be able to do this by simply using basic references to how much the stock was above its 20-day ema at certain intervals over the past few months. For instance, initially saying that the stock was greater than 30% above its 20-day ema 60 days ago, then less than 15% above its 20-day ema 40 days ago, then less than 10% above its 20-day ema 30 days ago, then less than 5% above its 20-day ema 20 days ago... (and so on). However, this doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure if this type of syntax is possible or if I'm simply not using it correctly. Any thoughts or suggestions here? If I can't walk price "backwards" like I mentioned above, then I thought that I could essentially accomplish the same thing by using similar metrics within an RSI figure (for instance, RSI(5) was greater than 90 60 days ago and then walk it back down as the time nears). As you can see, I'm just trying to find a way of capturing a healthy "high level" consolidation. Is this possible with what I have in mind?

Thank you all so much,

Jon

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Strong multi-mth consolidation scan...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.