StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Suggestion: Enable bulk rerun of backtests<< >>Post Follow-up
Norm.Sash
26 posts
msg #98558
Ignore Norm.Sash
1/13/2011 10:25:58 AM

On the backtest summary list screen there is a checkbox that allows selection of multiple tests. Then there is a button at the bottom of the list that allows you to “Delete Checked”. What I would like to see is another bulk action button added, “Rerun Checked”, to rerun the backtest for all of the checked boxes.

My logic is this: Let’s say I have 10 backtests defined with various periods and entry/exit criteria, but all are using the same entry “saved filter”. If I want to see the effect of making a change in the saved filter, all I would need to do is select all of the affected backtests and click on “Rerun Checked”. Currently, the only way I can see the effects of a change in a saved filter is to individually edit every backtest, save it, and then run the test.

drew9
171 posts
msg #98560
Ignore drew9
1/13/2011 12:21:34 PM

In addition, it would be terrific if we could have the backtests take every trade that fires. Instead of not taking another trade on that symbol because it is already in it, allow us the option with a checkbox to "Take all Trades". This way we can scale into positions and still get results on all the trades entered for that symbol. Very much appreciated if you would incorporate this!

mmaurice
51 posts
msg #98573
Ignore mmaurice
1/14/2011 11:29:46 AM

I would also like the ability to run backtest over all available dates. Little intense on the servers but it would make my experience so much better.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Suggestion: Enable bulk rerun of backtests<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.