StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · THE BEST FILTER YOU HAVE SEEN!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
tarun766
50 posts
msg #108479
Ignore tarun766
10/22/2012 9:33:58 PM

What is the best filters you guys think are out there? Or even best systems?

manumoneya
41 posts
msg #108487
Ignore manumoneya
10/23/2012 9:18:56 PM

Hey guys please help new comers ..... , just want some thing that help us to make money ... with that our confidence will increase...

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #108495
Ignore tomm1111
10/23/2012 11:56:32 PM

FYI - Grow wealth slowly....find your own edge. Don't rely on anyone but yourself.

tarun766
50 posts
msg #108516
Ignore tarun766
10/24/2012 5:07:49 PM

Anybody? Bump

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #108522
Ignore Eman93
10/24/2012 7:25:32 PM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1002&tid=93830&qrid=

This is a good place to start...

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108537
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/25/2012 2:24:41 PM

There are lots of seemingly good systems here. However, most have only been backtested for a few months, and many never properly define when to exit and why that trigger is better than others. That to me is sloppy system development.

The larger issue is really this type of request. While I know that you are looking for help in becoming better traders, it comes across as "give me the degree without me having to go to any classes."

My suggestion - do not trade real money for a year. Take that time to determine what type of trader you are.

1. How tolerant are you of volatility or suffering significant drawdowns on your way to an eventual profit?

2. Are you ok with losing 10 trades in a row on a good system, or will you lose faith and drift from one to another trying to find one that "always wins"?

3. How good are you at money management and position sizing?

4. Are you looking to be in and out of trades quickly or are you OK with taking a month to fully realize a gain?

Once you know the answers to these questions, THEN start to pick systems that fit your personal style. Make sure the rules for both entry and exit are clear and unambiguous. Also, make sure you have personally backtested them for at least 5 years, preferably as far back as1/1/2000, and are comfortable with the results (net gain, amount of consecutive loses, drawdowns, etc.).

Paper trade these for six months - actually paper trade 3 or 4 at the same time to see how they compare to each other under the same market conditions. At that point you will have gained a deeper understanding of these systems and of yourself as a trader.

Over the remainder of that one year period, be prepared to lose a good chunk of your money. Trading real is not at all like paper trading unless you are a machine.

Probably not the answer you wanted, but it is the answer to what you want.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #108541
Ignore Eman93
10/25/2012 6:55:21 PM

Kevin talking like a seasoned vet.. now... so true.

Never seen anything that looked so easy to be so hard. Its the money once you detach (some one tell how) then it becomes simple. (A+B=C).

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108543
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/25/2012 7:12:14 PM

That seasoning came at a high price, since I made lots of mistakes starting out. I personally trade too emotionally with my real accounts, much to my detriment if I am not careful. That's why over the past year I have been very focused on automatable trading systems which will trade without emotion and will follow rules exactly. The easy way for me to make money is to take my emotions and "intuition" out of the process.

The system is secondary to how you trade it.

tarun766
50 posts
msg #108547
Ignore tarun766
10/25/2012 9:21:22 PM

Thanks guys. any more suggestions?

campbellb75
101 posts
msg #108549
Ignore campbellb75
10/25/2012 10:43:01 PM

I agree 100% with Kevin. Paper trade to learn your risk tolerance. It's much easier to lose non-existent money than it is losing your own. After you're done paper trading, trade with only a small percentage of your total account value. Trust me, your risk tolerance will change once your trading with real money. From Kevin's contributions over the last few years, I know he's learned this as well as myself. I now trade with my full account, but that's only after years of practicing and refining what type of trader I am and what my risk tolerance is.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · THE BEST FILTER YOU HAVE SEEN!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.