12/10/2005 2:57:50 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/moneycenter/story.html?id=3498

Can't remember if I posted this here.

packraider
10 posts
msg #39521
Ignore packraider
12/14/2005 5:43:05 PM

Has anyone here tried automating their trading based on their filters? I'm pretty new here, but I'm having great success (knock on wood) swing trading using mostly RSI(2) against my own basket of stocks. I was pretty much flat for the whole year, and am now up over 40% in the past month. RSI(2) is a thing of beauty. I keep consistently getting 2-4% gains on a 1 or 2 day max swing trade which is much different than my past buy and hold pattern where I always seemed to lose my gains in one bad day.

The hard part is watching this at work and trying to day/swing trade - its addicting:) Being a programmer by trade, I was thinking about taking the results of my filters and automating using something like Amibroker/IB. I guess the risk is the automated trader keeps trading (or blue screens) on the day the market crashes while I'm in a meeting or something.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39523
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/14/2005 5:57:38 PM

I have automated strategies running on www.tradestation.com.

There's a steep learning curve but it's worth it.

The main thing is KEEP IT SIMPLE.

My automated strategies do NOT use indicators at all... all price and money management. Very simple.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #39525
Ignore BFreshour
12/14/2005 6:00:03 PM

I'm also a programmer by trade and have only recently began investing. I did it years ago through Ameritrade with little success. I close out my account a few years ago and recently got back into the market. I'm currently only trading options using stocks I mostly find with filters. I have about a 65% win rate and an average gain of 15% (all trades) and an average gain of over 30% on winning trades.

I'm too interested in developing a system and actually have thoughts of becoming a full time options trader. I also use Wealth Lab Developer (www.wealth-lab.com) which isn't available in the US/Canada anymore unless you have a great imagination and/or friend in other countries.

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #39537
Ignore JohnyYuma
12/14/2005 9:52:55 PM

Anyone know an automated order-entry system that works with Interactive Brokers TWS
(Something like Tradestation but not as expensive - I am willing to pay for Tradestation platform fee but their options exercise/assignment are a killer)

Thanks in Advance

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TRADEBOT<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.