StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · That's A Wrap ... I Am Out !!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
markperk
4 posts
msg #82163
Ignore markperk
10/31/2009 3:34:21 AM

I don't come in here that much so nothing in here really bothers me but I'd have to agree with what Alf is saying. If someone is going to keep posting similar things over and over there's no reason why they shouldn't just start their own thread and keep it to one or two threads.

rkurtz76
13 posts
msg #82165
Ignore rkurtz76
10/31/2009 7:02:50 AM

I agree with mark.

Cacher
121 posts
msg #82170
Ignore Cacher
10/31/2009 8:54:54 AM

I too have been here for quite some time, I actually left two times, only to come back with new screen names, with the intent to do my thing, and get away from the forums ... but they can be entertaining...and so I read them. Sure I like to help out when I can, offering a snippet of code, when I can, as I believe everyone likes to give and receive a helping hand. Everyone interprets charts a little different (luckily)...which is why when I think its time to sell, someone is biting at the bit to buy...the same holds true with our screens.... knowing this, I am content. Although, I too find it annoying that some individuals MUST overly critique an opinion ... hey ...its an opinion.... and I agree(IMHO) the topics are not as engaging as in the past.... but who am I to judge ...Live and let live. I agree .. if you don't like it ... move on. I am sure that alf will continue with his investing...and use the tools here at SF... and have great success, as his input always seems to have been on the right track. Good luck to you my friend.

Things will never be like the old days.... but neither will the market. Appreciate what's on your plate ...and if you get served something you don't like ... feed it to the dog, he will appreciate it.

BuylateSellearly
29 posts
msg #82192
Ignore BuylateSellearly
10/31/2009 7:14:53 PM

Alf must have been long. Why such a groutchy mood? Shorts were buying drinks for all last night.

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #82195
Ignore tmanbone
10/31/2009 8:04:14 PM

Nice comment Cacher, givin' the dog a bone :-) I see us all at different levels, experience, educations, everybody looking at things differently; some like rules some don't, structure for some, maybe not for others; order what's that? some new some old; different personalities, what gets on your nerves may not get on mine and vise versa. 20 years from now none of it will have mattered, at least for me, I'll be wrapped and out in a big way. Everyone's comments are fine by me, your comments are yours and the way you see it, I enjoy all contributions. I've learned quite a bit from all of you. Thanks, glad to be a part.

marine2
963 posts
msg #82202
Ignore marine2
11/1/2009 2:20:11 AM

Yes, we will miss Alf but I am sure other interesting members will sufficiently fill his shoes. Over time other members that have provided great information for us have either left or have went silent for whatever reasons they may have had. Times change and we all must adjust with it. Alf, goodluck where every you may go and someday if you decide to come back with a refreshed attitude and energy level we will welcome you. Thank you for your input.

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #82213
Ignore wcurtis
11/1/2009 9:49:57 AM

alfalfa44's little person giving all of us the finger made me wonder a little. Why not just leave quietly ? Why flip everyone off ?

Glad your GONE !

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #82215
Ignore fortyfour
11/1/2009 10:06:23 AM

I kow that Alf has methods that work for him. You can just tell.

Taking the time to demonstrate and explain is a major contribution.

"Long and stong " for Alf and others has been EXACTLY right for many months now.

Smart contractors/ homebuilders are building homes from the bottom of a slowdown/recession
and turning them over/profiting all the way up.

They get clocked once at the top and sell their last project for break even or a loss.
They dont try to predict when it will happen they just keep doing what works until it stops.

Some builders never build a home... some build their 1st at the top.

If you think in the above terms then it may be frustrating hear frequent bottom/ top callers,
and earnings plays because these are inconsistent stategies/guesses.

Alf is probably consistently compounding over the years..... but you never know.....
he may just bet the ranch on one of those BAC calls.

Its all good in my book. Fire away and post at will.... and while we are at it......
Which earnings play will punch my ticket next week? :)

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #82238
Ignore SAFeTRADE
11/1/2009 3:55:13 PM

fortyfour, please post link for your book or provide title.

thanks in advance

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #82240
Ignore fortyfour
11/1/2009 4:15:32 PM

"Its all good in my book" is just a figure of speech that I was using.
I heard that home builder analogy somewhere and it
seems to capture the idea of "trend is friend" , "dont fight trend"

Its all good in my book is just my way of saying "its a free country,
post until you fingers bleed". Its all good.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · That's A Wrap ... I Am Out !!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.