StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The VectorVest Guide to Worry Free Investing!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42319
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/22/2006 8:28:35 AM

Got this ad in my inbox today:

You don't have to take major risks to make a lot of money in the market.

Does that sound impossible? Not if you learn to minimize downside risk, spread it and limit it.

The way to minimize downside risk is to buy high VST-Vector "B" rated stocks with RS values above 1.00. These stocks are already going up in price and have well established track records of consistent, predictable growth. They do well in good times and bad. You can combine the safety of investing with the power of compound interest by buying high RS stocks with growth rates greater than the sum of current inflation and interest rates. This is the way to accumulate real wealth.

The way to spread risk is to diversify, diversify, diversify. Diversity in what you buy and when you buy. Buy at least 10 different stocks in 10 different industries. In this way, if something happens to one stock or one industry, your portfolio will not be mortally wounded.

The way to limit risk is to use Stop-Sell Prices. If your average Stop-Sell Price is 10% below the current market price of your stocks, your total portfolio risk is only 10%. Moreover, if you have at least 10 stocks in your portfolio, your risk of any single stock is only 1% of your portfolio. The best thing about using a Stop-Sell Price is that once it rises above your purchase price, you should never lose money on that stock. How many investments can you think of that have the upside potential of stocks with such limited risk exposure?

A. Buy High VST-Vector "B" Rated Stocks.

Buy Stocks with the best combination of Relative Value, Relative Safety and Relative Timing.

Favor high VST-Vector "B" rated stocks with RS values greater than 1.00.

Favor stocks with growth rates greater than the sum of current inflation and interest rates.

B. Diversify in What and When You Buy.

Do not put more than 10% of your funds into any single stock.

Do not own more than two stocks in the same industry.

Do not plunge into the market all at once. Spread your investments over time.

C. Use Stop-Sell Prices.

A suggested Stop-Sell Price is given for every stock, every day.

Once the Stop-Sell Price has gone above your purchase price, you should not lose money in that stock.

Sell low VST-Vector,"S" rated stocks. (If the VST rating is above 1.00, you may consider "dollar averaging" the stock once the recommendation returns to at least an "H").

Return to Step A.

It’s absolutely the best
"I’ve tried nearly every software program in the business…AIQ, Telescan, Super Charts, you name it. VectorVest OnLine is absolutely the best. I don’t use or need anything else.”

-E.J.C., Naples, FL

Well worth the price
"I haven't even scratched the surface of the potential of VectorVest strategies, but simply using your "Top 100" list, has helped me experience a 74% increase in my IRA portfolio in only 3 1/2 months! That's right...I've gone from $85,202.51 to $148,091 on, an increase of $62,889.20! Needless to say, your wonderful service is more than paying for itself."

- W. P. B., Lacey, WA

32% ahead
I have been particularly successful using the strategies to find the best short positions to take. I am presently about 32% ahead on my activities this year using VectorVest programming.”

-B.J., Carmel, CA

To immediately remove yourself from the VectorVest e-mail list, click here.
Please direct written correspondence to VectorVest Inc. 20472 Chartwell Center Drive Suite D, Cornelius, NC 28031

heypa
283 posts
msg #42329
Ignore heypa
3/22/2006 11:51:55 AM

I'd rather not use someone else to pick my stocks.If I make money I want it to be as a result of my abilities and actions.Besides I like to keep my overhead costs low.I know Walmart is very successful but with their great on going costs and small profit margins the ice is thin if income drops even slightly.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #42367
Ignore maxreturn
3/23/2006 8:06:01 AM

TRO, I investigated Vectorvest several months ago. Their glossy promotional literature is very impressive. So I took a test drive of their software. Bottom line is I decided not to go with them because I spoke with other traders who had used Vectorvest who claimed the fundamentals could not be relied on after backtesting. Now I use just fetcher along with IBD to pick my stocks.

ronun
27 posts
msg #42409
Ignore ronun
3/24/2006 2:57:38 AM

The electronic version of IBD very useful. Example:

Stock: Celgene Corp
Symbol:
Symbol Lookup Help
Current Price: $41.31
Exchange: NMS
Industry Group: Medical-Biomed/Biotech

Overall Rating: (95 = A)
Learn More

PRESCRIPTION FOR HEALTHY INVESTING:
Get Quote/News for Celgene Corp.
View an IBD Chart for Celgene Corp.
View a Premium Stock Graph for Celgene Corp.
Add Celgene Corp to My Stock Lists.
IBD Archive Search for Celgene Corp.
$7 Trades at Scottrade.
Just $500 to open

Stock's Diagnosis
Technical Rating (97 = A+) Group's Technical Rating (82 = B)

Fundamental Rating (74 = C+) Group's Fundamental Rating (47 = D+)

Attractiveness Rating (95 = A) Get These Ratings On Your Cell Phone!

Celgene Corp's Rank within the Medical-Biomed/Biotech Group

worst best
Overall Rank: 5th out of 268 stocks

worst best
Technical Rank: 9th out of 268 stocks

worst best
Fundamental Rank: 15th out of 268 stocks

worst best
Attractiveness Rank: 11th out of 268 stocks

Note: There are cases where two or more stocks have the same Rank within an Industry Group. This reflects that the companies had an equal rating after computing and weighting all components in the category.

Top 5 Companies in the Medical-Biomed/Biotech Group Stocks Above $10 - Sorted By Best Overall Rating
Molecular Devices Corp MDCC

Gilead Sciences Inc GILD

Digene Corporation DIGE

Qiagen Nv QGEN

Celgene Corp CELG

Get IBD Stock Checkup On Your Cell Phone! >>>
(Available through participating wireless service providers)

IBD Stock Checkup Analysis:
Celgene Corp receives an overall rating of A, which is in the 95th percentile of all stocks in the Investor's Business Daily database. The overall rating is calculated using five proprietary ratings that measure each stock's Technical and Fundamental qualities and the Technical and Fundamental qualities of the industry group that it resides in, as well as a rating on the stock's current price attractiveness.

Celgene Corp receives a Technical Rating of 97, which places it 9th out of 268 stocks in the Medical-Biomed/Biotech group.

Celgene Corp receives a Fundamental Rating of 74, which places it 15th out of 268 stocks in the Medical-Biomed/Biotech group.

Celgene Corp receives an Attractiveness Rating of 95, placing it 11th out of 268 stocks in its group.

The Medical-Biomed/Biotech group's technical rating of B ranks it in the 82nd percentile of the 197 different Investor's Business Daily Industry Groups. The Medical-Biomed/Biotech group's fundamental rating is D+, ranking it in the 47th percentile of all groups.

SPONSORED LINKSINVESTools - Learn to Invest Better.
Discover how our 5-Step Investing Formula can help you achieve your financial goals through intelligent investment decisions. Register for a free sem...
www.investools.com
Sign up for DailyWealth, a Free Daily Investment e-Letter, and immediately receive this Free Investment Research Report... "The Two Best Gold Investm...
www.dailywealth.com
America's Top Experts Pick New 8 Stocks for '06
Get our Free Report featuring the Top Stock Advisors in the World. For the first time ever, New Picks from 8 Stock Gurus have been compiled by Newsle...
http://www.NewsletterAdvisors.com
15 Energy Stocks to Sell Now!
Natural gas prices top $20! FREE report reveals the truth about this crisis & how you can PROFIT. Niche stocks set to soar. 15 big-name losers to avo...
www.changewave.com
Top Performing Tech Stocks
Of 180 newsletters covered by Hulbert Financial Digest, Fredhager.com is the top performer year to date. Hager is also #1 over the past 1, 2, 3, and...
www.fredhager.com

IBD SmartSelect® Corporate Ratings
Earnings Per Share (EPS) Rating Relative Price Strength (RS) Rating Industry Group Relative Strength (Grp RS) Rating Sales + Profit Margins + ROE (SMR) Rating Accumulation/ Distribution (Acc/Dis) Rating
6 96 A B A
Vital Statistics
Industry Group Rank (1-197) 20 % Off 52 Week Price High -4%
Daily Graphs Timeliness C 52 Week Price High $42.90
Alpha 0.32 52 Week Price Low $15.99
Beta 1.46 3 Year Earnings Per Share Rate 111%
Up/Down Volume 1.3 3 Year Sales Rate 56%

Performance Industry Group Performance
% Change Year To Date 28% % Change Year To Date 12%
% Change in Last 12 Months 150% % Change in Last 12 Months 39%
% Change in Last 4 Weeks 12% % Change in Last 4 Weeks -1%
Stock Performance vs. Index* Group Performance vs. Index*
% Change vs Index,
Year To Date 24% % Change vs Index,
Year To Date 8%
% Change vs. Index,
in Last 12 Months 140% % Change vs. Index,
in Last 12 Months 29%
% Change vs. Index,
in Last 4 Weeks 11% % Change vs. Index,
in Last 4 Weeks -2%

For 2 week free trial:
http://www.investors.com/offers/freetrialicom.asp?src=A482GGP&tn=top

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42440
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/24/2006 7:49:19 PM

The reason I posted this was for the "pearls of wisdom" not for the product.

MASTERS ARE MASTERS BECAUSE THEY MASTERED THE BASICS.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #42445
Ignore maxreturn
3/24/2006 8:25:38 PM

Thanks for the clarification TRO. Maybe you should have stated this in your original message.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42470
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/25/2006 11:30:50 AM

maxreturn...

I thought it would be obvious to the reader...lol

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #42517
Ignore maxreturn
3/26/2006 12:30:26 PM

Thanks for the condescending message TRO. Becoming very typical of a select few posters on these forums.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42518
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/26/2006 12:53:06 PM

maxreturn, that wasn't meant to be condescending!!

Remember in school, reading along only to have the author say IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO THE READER, when, in fact, it wasn't obvious at all?!??!

I use to hate that in geometry.. reading through a proof, trying to understand and right at the point where the final piece to the puzzle should be revealed, it says: "IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS TO THE READER".

IT WAS A JOKE, MAXRETURN... DIDN'T YOU NOTICE THE "LOL" AT THE END??

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #42523
Ignore maxreturn
3/26/2006 1:43:19 PM

hee hee

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The VectorVest Guide to Worry Free Investing!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.