StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · They say no question is stupid.........<< >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher01
25 posts
msg #81778
Ignore stockfetcher01
10/26/2009 5:26:47 PM

They say no question is stupid, but how do you play these picks, specifically I mean:

Day 1) Stockfetcher generates a list and you play that list.

Day 2) Do you re-run the filter and start all over? Do you stick with the 1st list and add to it as stocks hit loss critera?

#3 I have a full time job and not able to "day trade" does anyone have a filter I can set Sunday night and let auto run
with something like etrades "trailing trades" where I can set the high/low.

I have generated with the help of others great filters but not for this application.

I am new at this, but have always been facinated by stocks. I have to say I have never been involved with an online community so helpful, special thanks to Kevin from GA. Only hope to offer good feed back to others soon.

Thanks,

SF

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81784
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/26/2009 6:47:21 PM

Day 1) Stockfetcher generates a list and you play that list.

Day 2) Do you re-run the filter and start all over? Do you stick with the 1st list and add to it as stocks hit loss critera?

#3 I have a full time job and not able to "day trade" does anyone have a filter I can set Sunday night and let auto run
with something like etrades "trailing trades" where I can set the high/low.

I have generated with the help of others great filters but not for this application.

I am new at this, but have always been facinated by stocks. I have to say I have never been involved with an online community so helpful, special thanks to Kevin from GA. Only hope to offer good feed back to others soon.

Thanks,

SF
++++++++++++++++++

It depends on the filter - many people here are looking at quick hits, using indicators like the RSI(2) to find short term bottoms or tops to trade. Other use the ^VIX to take 3-5 day trades on volatility.

The filter I pointed out to you is a long term filter - average hold time is 56 days. On that one you run the filter every night and decide if the stocks it returns are of interest for you to invest. You can also run it mechanically, as I have been showing in another thread.

Longer term, you could just buy the top 20 stocks in the IBD 100 and hold them until they fall out of the top 20, then rebalance. Plenty of ways to trade on any timeframe that suits you.

Your personal trading style and time frames determine what filter you should be using, not the other way around.

stockfetcher01
25 posts
msg #81801
Ignore stockfetcher01
10/26/2009 10:20:35 PM

Thanks for the help Kevin, you are a great help as usual.

SF

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · They say no question is stupid.........<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.