StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · This question is directed to Stock Fetcher's staff<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #56992
Ignore marine2
11/25/2007 8:27:50 PM

Advanced programming language access capabilities? Can any of us have access to this language? I see a number of members useing this coding that I never knew existed. I go into the indicators listing and use what is in there to create my filters. These members useing this advanced coding really get more detail into their filters and the results are very impressive.

Stock Fetcher, please reply when you can.

Thank you.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #56993
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
11/25/2007 8:37:27 PM

I would still like to see "the code behind the code" for the triangle filters.

Adding additional indicators is not what I'm after. I want to be able to see how the code chooses the stocks it does, and then refine that code. I get many more triangles by scanning hundreds of stocks as opposed to the one's the fetch brings. And that is even considering the price/volume parameters I include.

If I have to scan all those with just these two eyeballs, my need for the SF service is diminished. The "time saved" is why I am here as it is just too valuable a commodity for me.

Not a complaint, but I've tinkered the triangles to death amd need some more capabilities.

Thanks, Grunt

fokane
74 posts
msg #57000
Ignore fokane
11/26/2007 10:13:46 AM

I would like to see the code for support/ resistance for my own modifications. thanks..

marine2
963 posts
msg #57018
Ignore marine2
11/26/2007 6:42:44 PM

Wondering if Stock Fetcher staff will respond to this thread. Maybe, this advanced code isn't supposed to be revealed ?

tomb
267 posts
msg #57020
Ignore tomb
11/26/2007 6:51:23 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are not sure what "advanced code" you are referring to. All of the StockFetcher language constructs are publicly available in either filter examples or the StockFetcher documentation.

Granted, there is an entirely different language/architecture used on the StockFetcher "back-end", but at this time this is not readily exposed as a user API.

Hope that helps!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

marine2
963 posts
msg #57026
Ignore marine2
11/26/2007 7:28:14 PM

Thank you Tomb for the response and yes it does help. Thank you.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · This question is directed to Stock Fetcher's staff<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.