StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tradestation vs eSignal<< >>Post Follow-up
alichambers
48 posts
msg #47111
Ignore alichambers
9/22/2006 5:30:16 AM

Hi,

I'm going to be investing in a decent charting package, and am considering the above two. I'd find it really useful to hear from experiences on this forum.

I'd like:

- The ability to backtest a strategy on many different stocks (I know with eSig, backtesting can only be done on one stock at a time)

- The possibility for automated trading (in the future)

And most importantly:

- A good quality data source. I will be using spread betting (UK), and this is done in futures. Some of the futures prices mirror the cash price for the stock, but there is a little variation. I'd like the data source to be as accurate as possible to both.

I have seen data sources listed from:

- eSignal
- Bloomberg
- Reuters
- Tenfore

Any feedback would be great,

Alex

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #47112
Ignore luc1grunt
9/22/2006 7:14:35 AM

good discussion on both on elitetrader

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #47116
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/22/2006 11:38:42 AM

I would pick TradeStation.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #47119
Ignore maxreturn
9/22/2006 12:20:06 PM

TRO...I wonder why :<)

alichambers
48 posts
msg #47123
Ignore alichambers
9/22/2006 12:59:53 PM

Thanks.

I checked out elietrader, but couldn't find the thread. Any chance you could post it.

And TRO - obviously your recent experiences with eS have tainted matters - but why do you prefer TS?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47125
Ignore nikoschopen
9/22/2006 1:20:14 PM

"I checked out elietrader, but couldn't find the thread. Any chance you could post it."

This is one of the threads that relates to ure inquiry:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=61804

Baja Ed
11 posts
msg #47133
Ignore Baja Ed
9/23/2006 1:26:13 AM

I have been using Trade Station for 9 months and I am very satisfied.
Today I received the below e-mail from corporate in part.

Dear Valued Client:

Great news. As always, we value your business and are very pleased to announce that, effective November 1, 2006, we have reduced the thresholds for equities accounts at which your monthly platform fees for TradeStation and RadarScreen are waived.

Effective November 1, 2006, accounts having the following trading activity in the preceding month will qualify for waiver of the monthly base platform fee for TradeStation or RadarScreen (if applicable):

Equities:
5000 shares (reduced from 25,000 shares, effective November 1, 2006); or
Futures:
10 round-turn futures or futures option contracts or 50 round-turn single stock or narrow-based index options; or
Equity & Index Options:
50 contracts; or
Forex:
10 round-turn lots or 100 round-turn mini lots
res per month will be reduced to 5,000

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #47139
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/23/2006 6:04:00 PM

Hey traders...

I separate the products from the a**holes that run the companies.

With TradeStation, if you trade enough then the platform is free.

Remember, I have been banished from both of those forums.

Baja Ed
11 posts
msg #47143
Ignore Baja Ed
9/23/2006 10:30:39 PM

TRO.....are you banished only on the forums and still use their platforms or are you "all out"?? Just curious if you can continue with your indicators.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #47144
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2006 11:49:09 PM

I still use my indicators on the platforms - either directly or indirectly.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tradestation vs eSignal<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.