StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading E-Minis<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #83561
Ignore SFMc01
11/28/2009 11:16:44 AM

There seems to be a number of reasons for me to want to know more about trading e-minis. However, I really do not have any experience in doing so.

I have been taught that I should learn as much as I can before risking money in a new area. Respectfully, would anyone experienced with e-minis have any suggestions as to materials I should read or instructional material to review in order to become more knowledgeable in trading these?

Thank you.

Steve McCormick

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #83566
Ignore luc1grunt
11/28/2009 5:19:20 PM

Steve, PM a few folks on elitetrader dot com that participate in the "ES Journal" thread. They can get you pointed in the right direction. I am about to drop stocks altogether as my ES trading is now on par with the 2x and 3x stocks I apply my strategies to. Paper trade your strategies through IB or Ninja or both. Mirus and Nija a good combo as well.

Tax benefits (6-/40), liquidity, comissions........it only makes sense.

GL, Grunt

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #83570
Ignore tmanbone
11/28/2009 8:25:56 PM

You might consider opening a free ThinkorSwim demo and get involved in several of their 5 chatrooms. One in particular, the Marketcast, Ben Lichtenstien calls the big S&P pit, let's you know what the big boys are doing; lot's of sharp folks in the room trading the Dow, NASDAQ, S&P, Russel futures and everything in between. You can trade 1 lot contracts all day long with 5 or 6k margin, 1099 at the end of the year verses tracking every stock you traded. 100:1 leverage; what's not to like? Be careful you can lose every dollar you have and then some. This link is a good starting one: http://www.cmegroup.com/education/interactive/intro_to_futures/player.html Hope this helps.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #83572
Ignore Eman93
11/28/2009 8:54:54 PM

http://www.surinotes.com/index.cfm?CSEL=1002

He trades the ES everday and post charts all day long if you follow him on twitter... he uses a combination of Fib zone pivots and ABC pattern... also sells custom programs for TS..

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #83620
Ignore SFMc01
11/30/2009 1:46:42 PM

Thanks everyone. I'll follow up on your suggestions.

Steve

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading E-Minis<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.