StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Triangles<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #47532
Ignore glgene
10/19/2006 1:42:41 PM

Is there any filter that would find stocks about to break out (up or down) from triangle formations?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47533
Ignore nikoschopen
10/19/2006 2:31:19 PM

Fetcher[
price crossed above the upper ascending triangle(65) and
Close is less than 0.1% below the upper ascending triangle(65)
]

Frankly, I got burned so many times overindulging in the thought of riding the coattail of the triangle breadkouts, it turned out to be a life-shortening brain fart.

glgene
613 posts
msg #47538
Ignore glgene
10/19/2006 3:59:13 PM

Niko,

I give up. Uncle. Where did the 65 come from?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47543
Ignore nikoschopen
10/19/2006 4:57:49 PM

The number 65 came right out of the manual. Who knows why they chose 65 over any other number like, oh, 69. But then again 65 days equal roughly 3 months.

I'm glad that my useless advice has finally straightened you out. All things considered, the stark revelation about triangles is that it's made by and for either sissies or suckers, usually both.

cdvllc
15 posts
msg #47545
Ignore cdvllc
10/19/2006 8:48:53 PM

I kind of agree... I read so many articles about how well they work, but in my experience it's about 50%/50%

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Triangles<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.