StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trivia Question<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131267
Ignore karennma
modified
9/18/2016 8:32:41 PM

Altho' I'm voting for Trump, I must say, IF Hillary wins (the darling of Goldman Sachs & Wall Street), this bull market will run 4 more years, for sure!

Edit:
OMG! Real Estate would go thru the stratosphere!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131268
Ignore karennma
9/18/2016 8:35:15 PM

@ Ventura Trader,
BTW, what's the name of that book?

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #131275
Ignore VenturaTrader
9/18/2016 11:21:34 PM

"The Anti-Demographic Cliff," subtitle: How the U.S. Executive Branch took covert control of stock markets to cover up a second Great Depression. The author is Joe Blessings, but I have read some suspect the book is really written by Harry Dent.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #131279
Ignore pthomas215
9/19/2016 12:40:40 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-07/fed-outright-buying-stocksfutures-prop-markets

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131282
Ignore karennma
9/19/2016 7:33:01 AM

@ VenturaTrader,
Ahh, yes ... Harry Dent.
His analysis may be correct, but his timing is off. And for us, (who trade) timing is everything.
Remember, Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney?
That is where we are right now.
The whole world is operating in a deficit.
I wish I'd just bought some good stocks and just held them instead of trading out of fear ... i.e., "when QE stops, the markets will crash."
Maybe so ...., but, QE hasn't stopped and no crash is imminent.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131283
Ignore karennma
9/19/2016 7:58:48 AM

pthomas215,
Thanks for the article.
Re: "Indeed, the number of data points that are "the worst since 2008-2009" is staggering...
This whole mess feels just like the end of 2007/ beginning of 2008 to me."

I've been reading stuff like this for years. Thus, the "Bear Market" threads I've been posting - futilely, for years, as the market continues to go up ..
I missed a lot of (bullish) opportunities worrying about this stuff.

Now Mark Cuban and Trump have me worried. Both say we're in a bubble.
But I can't keep sitting on the sidelines -- in fear -- waiting for the bubble to pop.
It's like sitting in a crowded theatre, waiting for "the fire" that never happens; you can't enjoy the show.

BTW, speaking of books & articles, I'm gonna have to renew my stock market newsletter subscriptions because I really just don't know what's going on.
It feels like a recession to me, but what do I know! Everyone around me is rich and doing well.
:>/

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131288
Ignore karennma
9/19/2016 9:25:44 AM

Articles like this are misleading.
I've always admired Jim Stack, but suppose, I'd been sitting on the sidelines since February based on this .... ?

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/investing/T038-C008-S003-jim-stack-on-stocks-we-re-already-in-a-bear-market.html

"Jim Stack on Stocks: We're Already in a Bear Market"

image: http://www.kiplinger.com/kipimages/staff/16.jpg

Anne Kates Smith
The major indexes aren't down 20% yet, but InvesTech's chief says other indicators suggest the long bull market is over.
By Anne Kates Smith, February 24, 2016

If it looks like one, talks like one and growls like one, it’s a bear market—and make no mistake, we’re in one, says market guru Jim Stack, head of InvesTech Research and one of Kiplinger's favorite market strategists and historians. And, he says, it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better. “The best course for investors is to maintain a defensive position—this is not the time to go out bottom-fishing.”

Read more at http://www.kiplinger.com/article/investing/T038-C008-S003-jim-stack-on-stocks-we-re-already-in-a-bear-market.html#V5BXfUvDxEh5ddqV.99

These articles are so misleading.

Acorrding to my research, September 9th was a perfect time to bottom fish AMZN.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131292
Ignore karennma
9/19/2016 9:57:54 AM

Oh geez!
While I was whining, my holy grail pic goes up $12 this morning.
NTES
(sigh)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #131294
Ignore karennma
9/19/2016 10:50:10 AM

pthomas215
283 posts
msg #131279
- Ignore pthomas215 9/19/2016 12:40:40 AM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-07/fed-outright-buying-stocksfutures-prop-markets

================

Zerohedge has always been a bearish website. (cynics)
Did you sign up for the newsletter (at the bottom)?
Another bearish newsletter .... The title of the first article is:
"The Fed Has Set Us Up for a Massive 50% Market Collapse"
September 19, 2016 by The Phoenix

Yeah, yeah, I know ... been reading about it for the last 3 years now ... (eyeroll, sigh)

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #131295
Ignore pthomas215
9/19/2016 11:04:01 AM

karen, the only reason why we would see a big correction if it looks like trump will be president is because it is a wildcard option. goes against the market expectation of Hillary/knowing what you will get/same policies. one of two things will happen...

1) Hitlery elected...late november correction of around 15%, some rebound and then a rate hike and then a bull market

2) Trump elected...a couple days before Nov 8th, when it looks real, the start of a correction...more correction after the election. then rebounding.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trivia Question<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.