StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Use of Close<< >>Post Follow-up
johnkcook
1 posts
msg #124668
Ignore johnkcook
8/15/2015 9:35:11 PM

I us am new to writing filters for Stock Fetcher. I am unable to write a simple filter that will show me stocks where the absolute value of todays Close minus Close three days ago is equal to or greater than three. Here is my filter:

Show stocks where
Price is between $100 and $200
and Abs(Close - Close 3 days ago) >= 3
and exchange is nasdaq
and Chart-type is ohlc
and draw MA (10)

Debug says each line is ok, but the stocks returned are not what I want. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

four
5,087 posts
msg #124669
Ignore four
modified
8/15/2015 10:32:31 PM

Fetcher[
Price is between 100 and 200
abs(close minus close 3 days ago) >= 3
exchange is nasdaq
Chart-type is ohlc
draw MA (10)
]

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #124672
Ignore compound_gains
8/16/2015 12:35:32 PM

Fetcher[
close between 100 and 200
set{chk, abs(close minus close 3 days ago)}
chk > 2.999
add column chk
exchange is nasdaq
Chart-type is ohlc
draw MA (10)
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Use of Close<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.