StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using Symbols as Filter parameter<< >>Post Follow-up
chipper338
10 posts
msg #38338
Ignore chipper338
10/5/2005 6:38:00 PM

I want to construct a filter using technology stocks but I would like to ignore DELL and CSCO. Is there anyway I can add an 'ignore symbol=DELLL, CSCO' statement to my filter?

thanks,

Chip

yepher
359 posts
msg #38341
Ignore yepher
10/5/2005 7:01:07 PM

chipper338,

Yes, it is possible. To do this kind of think I generally use the "ind()" command. Here is an example that will return only the example symbol

Fetcher[
volume equals ind(MSFT,volume)
]

I will leave you to convert that to what you want as an exercise. If you get stuck post what you have and we can help you out.

If you have problem finding that command on SF you can look here for how it works: http://yepher.com/~yepher/stockfetcher/command.html

-- Chris

chipper338
10 posts
msg #38377
Ignore chipper338
10/8/2005 2:48:32 PM

chris,
thanks for info. it works wonderfully

Chip

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using Symbols as Filter parameter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.