StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Volatility<< >>Post Follow-up
rrochon13
10 posts
msg #47477
Ignore rrochon13
10/14/2006 9:34:01 PM

When trading options volatility is very important. Experienced traders use volatility to get the best price on the option they are trading. Low Volatility if they are buying, and high volatility if selling. Since SF does not yet have a filter to track Volatility is there an indicator that would give a close approximation?

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #47478
Ignore stocktrader
10/14/2006 10:59:11 PM

Try this:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=ftsbuild

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #47479
Ignore contrahawk
10/15/2006 12:19:06 AM

Would Average True Range help at all? How about making your own: Day Change/Closing Price -- would that help?

Jim

traderblues
195 posts
msg #47483
Ignore traderblues
10/15/2006 8:19:42 AM

contrahawk,

Yes, I use my own variable: (atr(20)/close) to measure volatility.

rrochon13
10 posts
msg #47489
Ignore rrochon13
10/15/2006 9:09:10 PM

Stockfetcher:

This doesn't help, because when it asks for indicator there is no indicator that says volatility to choose.

Hope I didn't misunderstand your suggestion.

Dick

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #47501
Ignore stocktrader
10/16/2006 6:49:58 PM

I'll assume that was directed at me rather than StockFetcher.

In addition to the excellent advise others have given, I'll give it another shot.

Chaikin's Volatility
Relative Volatility Index

Or, build you own Volatility indicator. I personally like the one TRO created that counts the number of % gain days over a period of time.

Good luck.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Volatility<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.