StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Volume Spike<< >>Post Follow-up
novacane32000
331 posts
msg #107681
Ignore novacane32000
modified
8/16/2012 1:08:47 PM

What significance does the volume spike (6/22/10) on the chart below have. Typically you would want to trade in the direction of the trend after a spike -no clear direction here.

The spike here stands out ,why did this happen all of a sudden on this low volume stock?

I am particularly interested in this stock as I believe something may be brewing here.

Anyone who has traded volume spikes or has thoughts on CRD.B please chime in.

Photobucket

duke56468
683 posts
msg #107685
Ignore duke56468
8/16/2012 4:11:32 PM

Usually when there are large changes in volume without commensurate changes in price it is due to large blocks of stock changing hands between institutions. It doesn't effect the price.

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #107686
Ignore novacane32000
modified
8/17/2012 8:37:57 AM

Duke,thanks and that makes perfect sense.
I would like to think someone knows something here concerning the volume spike and that's why there was a huge spike . .

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Volume Spike<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.