StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Wake up, Benji Boy, you have no idea how bad it is out there!!<< >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54632
Ignore nikoschopen
9/7/2007 10:19:27 PM

What's the likelihood of this staid rumor swirling around the market that Bernanke & Co. will reintroduce Greenspan's "surprise! surprise!" rate cut next week to be just another B.S.? Gawd, I've been through that nightmare back in 2001 and I hope I don't have to suffer the same ordeal this time around.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #54649
Ignore curmudgeon
9/8/2007 7:03:02 PM

For the "Fed" to say its primary focus is inflation, well, isn't that like the cat that ate the canary?

Cheshire cat - big **** eating grin while the pirates of capital sail off into the sunset, leaving us swabs hoodwinked on the beach...yet again.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #54679
Ignore petrolpeter
9/9/2007 6:57:08 PM

Gone two weeks and just got off the beach,San Juan,St. Maarten,and Labadee,via RCC Liberty.Very very nice.Caught a market glimpse on ships satellite and looked kinda schizophrenic.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54750
Ignore karennma
9/12/2007 4:55:22 PM

NEWS ALERT
from The Wall Street Journal
Sept. 12, 2007
Economic forecasters are boosting the odds that the U.S. will slide into recession in the next 12 months as the housing slump deepens and the credit crisis continues. The latest WSJ.com survey of economists, conducted in the days following the gloomy Sept. 7 employment report, pegged the recession risk at 36%, up from a 28% probability a month earlier. The economists expect substantially slower growth. On average, they project fourth-quarter GDP to rise at a 1.9% annual rate, well below the 2.5% they estimated a month earlier.

=============================================
=============================================
Ya' know ... I've been reading this same ol' crap for over a year now.
These stories are beginning to sound like a broken record ...
Kinda like the boy who kept crying "wolf" .... after a while, people stop listening.
(yawn)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54754
Ignore nikoschopen
9/12/2007 5:51:51 PM

Karen, these neverending spins are woven in the collective psyche in the hopes of rationalizing the rate cut next week. It almost sounds like the big "R" is a good thing.

conyeuchua
83 posts
msg #54758
Ignore conyeuchua
9/12/2007 9:58:29 PM

Karenma, while you yawned, an advisory firm has now pegged the risk of a recession to 60%. I did not make this up.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54763
Ignore karennma
9/13/2007 8:02:31 AM

conyeuchua
conyeuchua 9/12/2007 9:58:29 PM
Karenma, while you yawned, an advisory firm has now pegged the risk of a recession to 60%. I did not make this up.
=================================
============================
Conye:
I know you didn't make it up ...
I'm on "recession watch".
Just getting a little impatient ...
I'm still holding my short ETFs.

:>)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Wake up, Benji Boy, you have no idea how bad it is out there!!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.