StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Way around intraday limitations of stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up
sdadesky
4 posts
msg #98639
Ignore sdadesky
1/18/2011 3:00:41 PM

Hi guys,

How can I set up a filter so it only buys a position if the cci(20) crosses above 0 on the previous day, but the price at open
is within a given range (say 30 basis points) of the price at the time of crossover?

For example, at crossover time, say a stock as at 50. I would not want to buy at the open, if the stock had risen a lot by
the day's close or had gapped up at the next day's open.

I wanted to backtest a strategy but get results way poorer than I've gotten in actuality. When I look at why I'm seeing myself going long and short on positions I never would have entered into in reality, because the stock moved too much during the day.

I guess one approach would be to measure the previous day's total range and not buy any stocks that have too high a range.
But what if the stock had just crossed its buy point close to the close?

If this cannot be done in stockfetcher, can anyone suggest a software allowing this kind of backtesting?

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Way around intraday limitations of stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.