StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What do you thing of the volume today?<< >>Post Follow-up
Walid
130 posts
msg #82708
Ignore Walid
11/9/2009 4:15:31 PM

Despite the rally, the volume today was pathetic. Lots of signals pointing north but who is buying? I am – as usual – skeptical about the strength of this move. However, I have been saying this for months now and market keeps disagreeing with me. Thoughts?

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #82709
Ignore TrendSurfer
11/9/2009 5:10:12 PM

The game has changed...

The relationship of price and volume can't be looked at the same right now as times past. If you are waiting on volume to confirm your trades you will continue to miss some incredible profits as price moves on without you.

There is a way to confirm your moves, but we don't do it with volume bars on the chart. Actually, I don't even look at volume bars and have caught every swing high and swing low for the last two years with a very defined, specific method. You would have to check into our group to get the details on this.

Simple! for the time being price action leads volume action not the other way around. So find the most visual way to engage your price bars, get on the right side of the moves and find your profits.

TS

Walid
130 posts
msg #82722
Ignore Walid
11/9/2009 9:17:17 PM

Thanks for the invitation to join your group but I am afraid will have to pass. I have been trading successfully for few years now. However, I am strong believer that we have an extremely intelligent and motivated group of traders on this site. My goal of asking the question was to open an intelligent debate we all can benefit and learn from.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #82724
Ignore Eman93
11/9/2009 9:26:07 PM

NO CLUE... volume seems to conferm breakouts.... not bottoms.

If you use an accumalation indicator it kinda helps.....

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #82728
Ignore trendscanner
11/9/2009 10:00:36 PM

I thought the volume on the SPX was generally in the average range, not spectacular but not especially low.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #82729
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/9/2009 10:13:34 PM

Volume is not tracking price. What seems to be tracking better is institutional accumulation/distribution.

I've seen charts on this on stocktiming.com, but not on any of the free sites.

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #82732
Ignore tmanbone
11/9/2009 10:56:00 PM

Looking to short when the VIX closes below the lower BB (9,2) anticipating next day or two, volume didn't back move. Big dogs pumping price for the little dogs? Anything can happen!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What do you thing of the volume today?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.