StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the Holy Grail worth if found?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #75889
Ignore karennma
6/29/2009 10:54:14 AM

Ya' know ... I'm gonna b*tch on this subject for a moment, if I may.
This week-end, I spent some time cleaning out my e-mailbox ...
Mostly UNsubscribing to all these services that claim to have the "holygrail" of trading.
If all these people have the "holygrail", wouldn't they be rich by now?
And if they're rich from their holygrail trading, why do they need MORE money, pilphering monthly subscription fees off people who don't "know" what they know (supposedly)?
Yep, finally!! I cleaned out my e-mailbox this week-end, and discontinued all my subs to the holygrailers.
I'll let 'em make $$ off someone else.

"To whom much is given, much is expected." Luke 12:48

milansanremo
12 posts
msg #75897
Ignore milansanremo
6/29/2009 7:42:52 PM

Ask him if he is an original member of the Delta Society? Then can I tell you if he is blowing smoke or not.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #75900
Ignore mystiq
6/30/2009 1:54:37 AM

karennma--->you said the most important reasoniong behind NOT being taken by these so called services..! (-.-)

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #75909
Ignore decipherlinda
6/30/2009 8:46:39 AM

Claims of high performance are everywhere but if given a free registration for even one day with a list of, say, five stocks, and they all did as well as claimed, we'd all end up subscribing eventually if we could afford it.

Your claim alone doesn't differentiate you from everyone else out there except that yours is even less believeable because you claim every stock pick is a big winner. Doesn't seem possible.

If it is true, you should sell to institutional investors. If it's not true, try selling to new investors.

Walid
130 posts
msg #75914
Ignore Walid
6/30/2009 11:47:13 AM

Try your best not to sell this Holy "whatever" of yours to lawyers. You will need them on your side soon.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #76053
Ignore guru_trader
7/6/2009 1:20:02 AM

I'd say it's worth about $53.87 payable in 4 easy monthly installments

marine2
963 posts
msg #76069
Ignore marine2
7/6/2009 2:02:49 PM

I guess anyone of us could make that claim that we have discovered the secret to the Holy Grail with one of our personal filters. With that statement and some persuasive sales remarks about the results our back testing has shown I guess we would get some investors biting on the bait. Myself, I wouldn't want to do that. If I know my filter is not guarenteed 100% successful I wouldn't market it. That's my feelings on the subject. I am sure there are a few filter makers or prognosticators that would try to break a persons wallet open and sucktion some of its green content. But, it's not my style. I remember seeing a few years back a guy and his company near me sell his electronic stock picking system. He approached it with earnest vim and vigor. He advertised how successful his system was and convinced many investors to buy into his system. When the markets were running upward his company did nicely. Then the markets took a steep downward drop. This upset many of his investors and they sued him. He ultimately had to shut his operation down because of false advertising and expectations that his system couldn't reach. He declared bankruptcy, had to let go his workers and I am sure he paid a heavy toll in his private life as well. Let it be known because of this, beware of how you sell your goods, not properly done can hurt you far beyond what you could imagine. Get a good lawyer looking over what you are promoting for a business endevor.

marine2
963 posts
msg #76092
Ignore marine2
7/7/2009 2:00:09 AM

I rest my case.

cr0cop
87 posts
msg #76189
Ignore cr0cop
7/9/2009 12:30:40 PM

don't believe there is a holy grail, if its true then why dont you post your trades or method? if it really does work then the price woudn't matter anyone would pay anything for it

cabogordon
88 posts
msg #76194
Ignore cabogordon
7/9/2009 1:13:58 PM

hard work is the grail

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the Holy Grail worth if found?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.