StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the best book for TA?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #27109
Ignore JoeGrossinger
6/28/2003 12:26:59 PM

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

Yea, a great book. It was the first one I read and what got me hooked on the market.

I read where someone stated that 90% of the books available are not worth squat and I agree.

I took $17,000, ran it up to well over $100,000 and then gave it all back because of a lack of discipline.

Discipline is what makes and what breaks all traders.
Discipline is what traders need to concentrate on.

The only real books you need for TA is
Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets
John J. Murphy

Technical Analysis of Stock Trends
Edwards, Magee

I have a ton of others but these two books say it all.

The real books you need probably deal in psychology and self discipline.
Have rules and stick to them.

http://www.koliga.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=d03a6c9d3f868363b28c84eea2f8eba7

The market is a living, breathing, thinking entity. Don't forget that.

wallman
299 posts
msg #27115
Ignore wallman
6/28/2003 2:58:22 PM

HOW I MADE TWO MILLION DOLLARS IN THE STOCK MARKET by NICOLAS DARVIS....think we have it tough in todays market,read what this guy went through,written in the 1950's,pretty inspiring to say the least,found it on barnesandnoble.com 12 bucks,read the reviews on B+N.....a great place to find hundreds of investing books at a discount is.....www.invest-store.com/stockprofitpicks

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27135
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
6/29/2003 5:42:32 PM

wallman is correct. How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas is def. the best stock book I have ever read. Once you learn his system you will win in the market and that is a promise. His system is super easy too. That book is all you will ever need on your shelves. He trully has a great system and you can see his system in action by scanning back on past stocks using stockfetcher. It proves itself by history and works in bear and bull markets. He implements the box theory which he designed. He went through many pitfalls you and I have gone through including lack of discipline in the market. I have decided to just find 2-3 good stocks and stick with them on my trading using his system. As he says why sell a rising stock? You will become adicted to his book and find yourselves reading it about 15 times like its the Bible. Good luck and once you build discipline you have it made in the market.

ISBN 0-8184-0396-9

jd_hunter03
13 posts
msg #27144
Ignore jd_hunter03
7/1/2003 9:18:50 PM

Okay... Got my copy of "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre and "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" by Stan Weinstein's. After these, I will try "How I made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market."

I definately agree, most stock market books aren't worth the paper they are written on. However, the people in these forums seem pretty focused on making a profit on every trade so I figured this was the best place to learn a few things. Good luck all!

deprez
60 posts
msg #27147
Ignore deprez
7/1/2003 11:19:25 PM

I just started on stockfetcher and needed assistence with terms.
I recommend "Technical Analysis from A to Z" by Stephen Achelis.
It explains how the indicators are computed.
Another good book I like is Reuters "Introduction to Technical Analysis".

What are some of the lessons learned from these books?

risjr
229 posts
msg #27149
Ignore risjr
7/2/2003 11:43:39 AM

Also try www.incrediblecharts.com. Its a great site for the basics of trading of all kinds, definitions etc, and advanced trading

Ron

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27159
Ignore holygrail
7/2/2003 8:53:49 PM

You don't have to get a book...

http://www.e-analytics.com/techdir.htm

bob79924
38 posts
msg #27206
Ignore bob79924
7/5/2003 7:11:44 PM

I've found a site that will help anyone learn a lot about indicators, charts, and all. It's www.stockcharts.com. Go there and click on the "Chart School" tab. It's all free and teaches about all kinds of indicators, chart formations, bar and candlestick formations, bollinger bands, and just about all the important things you want to learn how to use on StockFetcher. You can print the lessons out so you can review them without having to go online, or to have on hand while you are on StockFetcher.
BobW

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28062
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/25/2003 10:48:14 PM

TRADING IN THE ZONE, Mark Douglas MUST READ TO GET YOUR MIND RIGHT

TRADING FOR A LIVING, Dr. Alexander Elder THIS IS A REFERENCE BOOK

WHY SMART PEOPLE MAKE BIG MONEY MISTAKES AND HOW TO CORRECT THEM, GARY BELSKY & THOMAS GILOVICH ... MUST READ

DAY TRADE ONLINE, Christopher A. Farrell THIS TEACHES THE MECHANICS

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28063
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/25/2003 10:49:44 PM

This should be saved, printed and memorized..

http://www.optionetics.com/articles/article_full.asp?idNo=8558

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the best book for TA?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.