StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What's your ROI? Please be honest....<< >>Post Follow-up
abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #42597
Ignore abbabb1tt
3/28/2006 1:20:13 PM

Just a quick question and I hope not to start another pissing match. But what kinds of ROI's are you guys getting on your useable (read: tradeable) screens? I get anywhere from negatives, up to 1330% (backtest period 12/03-12/05) with an average number of stocks returned being about 200 in a two year period, all over $1 share price. I'm just wondering what the norm is or what kind of ROI's you guys look for before trading a screen. I'd like honest answers and not 'mine's bigger than yours' type answers, please. I've tried some of the screens posted here, but get around 80-120% ROI's when backtesting. Is that the norm? And yes, I understand the ROI varies based on the screening period.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #42598
Ignore EWZuber
3/28/2006 3:35:42 PM

I don't look for ROI per se I just like to see a pattern of more winners than loosers.
I don't trade the screen results without charting them and finding what I want to see. I just use the screens to get me in the ballpark then cull them out by hand.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #42601
Ignore nikoschopen
3/28/2006 3:57:30 PM

Although this would be inappropriate, I think it's warrented under the present situation. Have you compared ure results to other backtesting systems (eg. TradeStation, MetaStation, AmiBroker)? StockFetcher may not live up to full potential ─ at least for now.

glm47
51 posts
msg #42638
Ignore glm47
3/29/2006 9:22:41 PM

How's about posting that filter abbabb1tt?

heyen
124 posts
msg #42668
Ignore heyen
3/31/2006 6:23:40 AM

@ Ray1

Just paste your Filter inside "Fetcher[]"

Fetcher[
find stocks where the weekly RSI(2) is below 10
Show stocks where the Double Stochastic(7,3) is increasing past one day
pattern is Hanging Man
]

Ray1
20 posts
msg #42658
Ignore Ray1
modified
4/4/2006 9:13:42 PM

This is a filter I use; it gives a high ROI but puts out very few stocks.
(Back Tested on 11-17-05 to 3-19-06 Win 86% ROI 171% with a trigger at 5% loss, and run until price drops 5% below weekly high. MCU hit it a few month a go, got a nice return on it so far.)
Good hunting to yah

Fetcher[show stocks where the Bollinger width(20) is between 0 and 0.15 and draw Bollinger(20)
and Volume above 50000
and Volume above Average Volume(20)
and close above open
and close 1 day ago was below the open 1 day ago
and MA(50) increasing for the last 4 Months
and Close between 1 and 10
and +DI(14) crossed above -DI(14) within the last 1 day}
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What's your ROI? Please be honest....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.