StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Where's the beef?<< >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59310
Ignore nikoschopen
1/26/2008 3:47:22 PM

The rebate check of up to some lousy $600 that's not enough to pay ure rent should be arriving in the mail by May, so I'm told. What a dumbass like me don't understand is how this government, which shoulders a debt that numbers in the trillions, will pay for it? Where the hell are they going to get the money? With all this credit-crunch mumbo jumbo, I thought you can't get financing unless you have a "AAA" rating!!!

moqual
38 posts
msg #59311
Ignore moqual
modified
1/26/2008 4:03:54 PM

I was just reading this yesterday

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/18/news/economy/rebate_how_it_works/index.htm?postversion=2008011812

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59312
Ignore nikoschopen
1/26/2008 5:36:34 PM

Yeah, this is about as good as the retarded excuse Societe Generale came up with in their effort to cover up the apocalyptic loss tied to subprime mess. Pathetic!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #59314
Ignore petrolpeter
1/27/2008 1:03:09 AM

Plus 300.00 per child.After hearing that mine are kicking the tires on another Go-Cart already.

haskellb2006
22 posts
msg #59315
Ignore haskellb2006
1/27/2008 3:07:04 AM

Where does the Gov get this money is a good question. Considering they spend more than they take in.....

All you need to do is print a bond and try to sell it, hmmmm

Most nations have more of our bonds than they need or want, but the
Federal Reserve will gladly buy them. Which begs the question , where does the Fed get all its money... O wait, they are able to create money out of thin air,

So the fed puts more money into the system, which makes everything you buy worth more....ie inflation or a "hidden tax that everyone pays.

So now you have your rebate money to buy eggs, for 2 bucks a dozen instead of the 99 cents they cost 2 years ago.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59317
Ignore nikoschopen
1/27/2008 4:28:50 AM

I dunno, petrol, but I'm beginning to think ure kiddo will be kicking more than just tires by the time he's old enough to pick up the tab for all the crap we shoved down his throat.

haskellb2006, why would you wanna buy bonds when they yield less than ure checking account? BTW, if the Fed starts to crank up the printing press, it's only a matter of time before other nations begin dumping their reserves of the greenback on the open market. This subprime thang we're currently going through would just be a proverbial drop in the pond compared to what could potentially happen if the dollar gets trashed. I swear the market will simply crash and burn.

But then again, we have our patron saint and his cronies, the one and only Bernanke & Co. Here's a snippet from WSJ on Friday that sheds a glaring light on their true color.
"It does look like they were snookered into cutting rates," said Lou Crandall, chief economist at research firm Wrightson ICAP LLC. The Fed could argue that responding to the stock drop was appropriate because it threatened financial stability, but that case will be harder to make if the market's drop turns out to be due to a special situation, he said. After overseas stock markets plunged Monday, which was a holiday in the U.S., Mr. Bernanke convened a meeting of the Fed's policy-setting committee to approve a 0.75-percentage-point cut in the target for the federal-funds rate, at which banks lend to each other. The cut came just a week before the committee was scheduled to meet. The timing prompted some outcries that the Fed panicked.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Where's the beef?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.