StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · applying filters to indexes<< >>Post Follow-up
faraway
16 posts
msg #313
Ignore faraway
1/9/2003 10:02:52 PM

Is it not possible to apply a filter to an index, such as OEX?

faraway
16 posts
msg #329
Ignore faraway
1/15/2003 6:35:18 AM

In hindsight, the way I expressed this question makes no sense -- or, at worst, is a stupid request. What I meant was, is there no way to use an index in a filter, such as, '...and OEX has been increasing over the last 4 days'. I thought this might be useful for limiting myself to investing when certain market conditions are met, rather than setting filters ONLY against measures on the individual stocks. Perhaps a more experienced trader can comment on whether this has utility?

tomb
267 posts
msg #330
Ignore tomb
1/15/2003 10:10:29 AM

Hi,

You bring up a good suggestion for a filter where stocks may be analyzed against a market index or possibly a sector. Currently, this feature is available with the "Comparative Relative Strength" section on the main page (mid-way down on the right side.) Unfortunately, this feature is fairly limited at the current time and is restricted to US Market data only.

We are currently looking into adding additional comparisons as well as possibly allowing you to create your own index from your Watch List, or other similar list, and use that as a possible index comparison.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

faraway
16 posts
msg #350
Ignore faraway
1/23/2003 7:34:19 PM

Thanks for your reply; I look forward to seeing some additional comparisons added. I think that your plans for personal indexes from a user's Watch List is a great -- and creative -- idea.

defghca
150 posts
msg #26003
Ignore defghca
2/27/2003 7:38:09 AM

"
We are currently looking into adding additional comparisons as well as possibly allowing you to create your own index from your Watch List, or other similar list, and use that as a possible index comparison. "

this would be great since i could finally build canadian indices for comparison since none are providedby stockfetcher (TSX, VCX)

Stocksight
33 posts
msg #42526
Ignore Stocksight
3/26/2006 2:32:56 PM

"We are currently looking into adding additional comparisons as well as possibly allowing you to create your own index from your Watch List, or other similar list, and use that as a possible index comparison."

Tom, any progress on this feature? Thanks

woodsmen63
23 posts
msg #42559
Ignore woodsmen63
3/27/2006 9:21:16 AM

I found these two sites one shows the average weighted alpha
GNBT and NTRI are in the top 10... some of you programers may be interested in weighted moving average

this one shows formulas for Metastock

http://www.guppytraders.com/Metastock%20Formulas/metastock%20formula%208.htm

this one shows barchart top 100

http://www2.barchart.com/sectors.asp?level=2&sort=3&title=Top+100+Stocks&sec=top~100~stocks.sec

woody

timgrant
6 posts
msg #48253
Ignore timgrant
11/30/2006 2:15:17 PM

Hello, SF..... anything on the self-created index front?

juha
52 posts
msg #48275
Ignore juha
12/1/2006 2:00:38 AM

you can easily do comparison wit hindex by comparing with corresponding ETF wich 99% moves the same as index... for example, if you want to compare something with S&P500 you can do:
Fetcher[set{sp_500,ind(SPY,rsi(3))} and add column sp_500]

if you want to compare with Nasdaq you can do:
Fetcher[set{NASD,ind(QQQQ,rsi(3))} and add column NASD]

if you want to compare with canadian index you can compare with canadian ETF EWC
Fetcher[set{canada,ind(EWC,rsi(3))} and add column canada]

You can see list of all available ETF by
Fetcher[stock is ETF]

you can do anything with those variables: sp_500, NASD, canada, for example:
Fetcher[set{sp_500,ind(SPY,rsi(3))} and set{sp_500_2,ind(SPY,rsi(3) one day ago)} and sp_500 above sp_500_2 and rsi(3) below rsi(3) one day ago and price above 20 and volume above 100000 and add column sp_500 and add column rsi(3)]

this filter shows falling stocks when S&P500 is growing

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · applying filters to indexes<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.