StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · automatic scan alerts<< >>Post Follow-up
jfue611-wlzz973kg-wqu558v
20 posts
msg #89306
Ignore jfue611-wlzz973kg-wqu558v
3/9/2010 6:47:03 AM

I spend much of the day repeatedly refreshing my scans for daytrading purposes (kinda tough to do at work).
The sooner I know a new stock has met the scan, the better I have of making a profit.
It would be great if I could be alerted that a new stock has met the scan criteria.
I am not interested in realtime scans because I find the 20min data lag to be beneficial in my scan.
Can anyone advise if SF can do this and if not, any alternative suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
Thx
Mike

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #89316
Ignore taylorsk
3/9/2010 11:24:25 AM

I use freestockcharts.com.

Though it does not really alert you to scans, It does allow for price alerts.

I can select a price that if reached the stock will mostlikely meet my scan requirements. It iwll then email me when the price is crossed above, or below or both!

mktmole
325 posts
msg #89331
Ignore mktmole
3/9/2010 6:20:00 PM

try Zignals, an Irish Company that has partnered with Microsoft.

http://www.zignals.com/main/index.aspx

rgds
mm

jfue611-wlzz973kg-wqu558v
20 posts
msg #89338
Ignore jfue611-wlzz973kg-wqu558v
3/9/2010 7:35:01 PM

thank you both for the quick followup.
I went to zignals but it looks like there are only stock alerts available. That is, it looks like it alerts me if a stock I preselect meets a certain criteria (i.e. price, volume).
I am looking to be alerted if any stocks meet my scan criteria. I am looking to obtain an alert showing me the stock(s) that have just met my scan criteria.
Can zignals do this?

Is Ninjatrader the best option?
thx
Mike

mktmole
325 posts
msg #89360
Ignore mktmole
3/10/2010 9:58:30 AM

Mike
No, presently Zignals cannot do this, and what you are looking for (custom scanning on delayed data) is unlikely to find.
Maybe this site might give you trade-off and have the flexibility that comes closer to what you are looking for.
http://www.swingtracker.com/index.php?content=features.php

rgds
mm

moby
314 posts
msg #89376
Ignore moby
3/10/2010 1:16:45 PM

I find the 20min data lag to be beneficial in my scan ?

http://wareseeker.com/Network-Internet/ssegui-3.0.zip/370059

This is what you want. You open stock fetcher and turn this refresher on, and it will refresh your screen automatically and you will get SF intraday updates with 20min delay quotes for free.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · automatic scan alerts<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.