StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · backtesting win %'s<< >>Post Follow-up
STACKS617
4 posts
msg #41927
Ignore STACKS617
3/12/2006 12:43:00 PM

hi guys i just signed up for stockfetcher two days ago and i love it! I was just curious has anybody ever had a backtesting win percentage of over 75% i am perfecting my filters right now as we speak and the highest percentage i have gotten was 61%.....any responses would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a nice day

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41936
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/12/2006 3:15:11 PM

HI Stacks:

Welcome to the jungle!

If you post your best filter, we'll look at it and see if we can make it better.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #41941
Ignore guru_trader
modified
3/12/2006 4:32:11 PM

Sure, I have created filters with over 1700% profits, but I wouldn't trade them ... "for entertainment purposes only". Start reading the archives, you'll find a bunch of great filters.

Be careful, I have a filter that historically produces 800% ROI in backtesting, but actually loses money if you trade 0.01% of the volume of every stock ... the losing percentages had more cash attached than the winning percentages.

I always run my own analysis in Microsoft Excel using the downloaded trades.csv files.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · backtesting win %'s<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.