StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · can you tell me that how to trade gap stocks as a long position?<< >>Post Follow-up
katil9654
33 posts
msg #123482
Ignore katil9654
4/5/2015 8:26:31 PM

I have been missing my trade whenever stock opens in gap up or down. after watching for few days some stock goes up for few days and few falls in pullback. I am not able to understand how to make profit or enter in a stock if it opened in a gap?
do you have any startegy whcih will work for those stocks opened in a gap?

This would be a great help if you can highlight some ideas.

Thanks in advance.
I am new here but I like this place because i am learning faster after reviewing all those forums search.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #123530
Ignore miketranz
4/11/2015 9:52:34 AM

A "gap open" is basically an order imbalance.It's a supply & demand imbalance which one would think is caused by impending news,earnings,SEC action,a large block of stock for sale,ect.Me personally,if I had a stock I wanted to buy,and it gap opened higher,I would wait,watch,enter only after it traded the first 15 mins.and on condition it traded higher than the open print,for a buy side order.If after I bought it,the stock traded below the open print,I would scratch the trade. I have not seen any statistical data proving that money can be made consistently playing gaps.My opinion,the only people making money on gaps are those who have the information, who own major shares of the stock,and who are using news to sell out their shares at a higher price to the uninformed retail public.

katil9654
33 posts
msg #123531
Ignore katil9654
4/11/2015 11:30:28 AM

ok thanks. I have tried to find stocks which opened in pullback after certain days or week of gap up and was not able to screen propely.I wish there was a good fetcher whcih will bring the stock ready for trade after pullback. i tried all your forum search to find those pullback as a long position and wont give me consistent results.
Do ou have any good stocks which are ready to trade Monday next week in pullback?
Thanks again.

four
5,087 posts
msg #123532
Ignore four
modified
4/11/2015 11:56:02 AM

http://www.understandinggaps.com/

Found this... no experince or direct knowledge

miketranz
956 posts
msg #123534
Ignore miketranz
4/11/2015 2:18:24 PM

SHOW STOCKS WHERE THE CLOSE REACHED A NEW 52 WEEK HIGH WITHIN THE LAST 10 DAYS AND PRICE IS BETWEEN .25 AND 25 AND AVERAGE VOLUME (90) IS GREATER THAN 100000 AND VOLUME IS GREATER THAN 100000 AND STOCK PRICE IS 100 % GREATER THAN 52 WEEK LOW AND WHERE CLOSING PRICE GAINED MORE THAN 26% IN THE LAST 26 WEEKS AND RSI (2) IS BELOW 20 (Darvas System) Use the offset tab 1-7 days to find pullbacks.Good luck....

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · can you tell me that how to trade gap stocks as a long position?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.