StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · close at the day\'s high<< >>Post Follow-up
fpinero
3 posts
msg #92647
Ignore fpinero
5/14/2010 7:11:13 AM

Hello,

Can anyone help me to write a filter to look for stocks that finished yesterday at (or near of) the day's high?
I also need just the opposite, a filter that look for stock that finished yesterday at (or near of) the day's low.

Thank you very much for your help.

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #92713
Ignore dwiggains
5/14/2010 12:26:07 PM

Hi
Fetcher[
set { h, high / close} add column h
close > 1 and volume > 200,000
close gained > 3%
sort column 5 ascending
]

Fetcher[
set {L, low / close} add column L
close > 1 and volume > 200,000
close lost > 3%
sort column 5 descending
]

You can adjust the gain and lost to suit you wants.

See ya
David

four
5,087 posts
msg #92716
Ignore four
modified
5/14/2010 12:44:27 PM

Fetcher[

/*close yesterday at or near high*/

set{DIFF, high 1 day ago - close 1 day ago} and add column diff

diff < .25
volume > 123321
close > 1
sort column 2 descending
]

----------

Fetcher[

/*close yesterday at or near low*/

set{DIFF, close 1 day ago - low 1 day ago} and add column diff

diff < .25
volume > 123321
low > 1
sort column 2 descending
]

fpinero
3 posts
msg #92738
Ignore fpinero
modified
5/14/2010 4:47:22 PM

wow!! thank you very much. Works simply fine. Thanks a lot.

IMHO is very useful to look for stocks that closed on highs when market ended on lows, that's a clue for strength, of course, vice-versa is also true. Then, apply tape rading to price/volume configuration and build possible scenarios.
I've been using tape reading since some years ago, I am still alive, best proof that works (at least for me).

Again, Thank you very much.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #92740
Ignore Eman93
5/14/2010 5:04:09 PM

Would you like to explain and share you knowledge of tape reading it is very interesting to me.

Thanks

fpinero
3 posts
msg #92768
Ignore fpinero
5/15/2010 7:59:30 AM

Hi Eman93,

It is impossible to explain tape reading in a few paragraphs. I run a blog since 2007 covering such method. Take a look at it if you want, but the blog is in spanish http://www.quierosertrader.com
But my mentor, Vadym Graifer, has some free articles about TR (and are in english :-) ). this is one http://realitytrader.com/tapereading.html and this other is also useful http://realitytrader.com/tapereading.html#tapereading

Hope this info can help you to start the journey to the wyckoff system :-) If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me at fpinero (at) quierosertrader (dot) com

Best regards.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · close at the day\'s high<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.