StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · connor's 7 and 7 filter<< >>Post Follow-up
fdb222
11 posts
msg #110343
Ignore fdb222
1/18/2013 5:10:27 PM

Could I ask the experts how to write a filter mainly using etf's that duplicates connor's lowest close in the last seven days.

thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #110344
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/18/2013 5:49:50 PM

Fetcher[
etf
close reached a new 7 day low
]

wkloss
231 posts
msg #110346
Ignore wkloss
1/18/2013 6:55:53 PM

You didn't ask for it but if you are trying to do Connors Double 7's, you also need

price is above MA(200)

four
5,087 posts
msg #110347
Ignore four
1/18/2013 8:57:24 PM

http://store.tradingmarkets.com/media/STTSTW/Special_Report_Double_7s.pdf

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #110348
Ignore SAFeTRADE
modified
1/18/2013 9:38:46 PM

Fetcher[
close > ma(200)
symlist(spy)
set{7low, count(low reached a new 7 day low,1)}
set{7hgh, count(high reached a new 7 day high,1)}
add column 7low
add column 7hgh
draw rsi(2)
draw 7low on plot 7hgh
]

Clarence

saico
59 posts
msg #110386
Ignore saico
1/21/2013 12:57:00 PM

It looks not bad. EWZ and FXI was also mentioned in the book. Any ideas of other ETF's that work?

wkloss
231 posts
msg #110396
Ignore wkloss
1/21/2013 11:42:31 PM

Its been a while since I read the book but my recollection from the book and articles was that most if not all ETF's do. I think there was special emphasis on country ETF's because it takes a lot to disrupt their direction once it has started.

You may want to try the free stuff on Trading Markets and I believe I 1st heard about this system from a Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine article. I found the title of it in a quick Google search. It is worth reading.

Rolling The Double 7s

Three Rules, One Easy Way To Trade Etfs
by Larry Connors and David Penn

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #110427
Ignore sohailmithani
1/22/2013 2:06:44 PM

Connor's is a great guy with some excellent statistical tested results for so many strategies.

However, what I have noticed, in some of those which I have been trying to use, is that if you run it by year and analyse the results you will notice one of the following:

1) 1 or 2 years contribute significantly to the results
2) Not many trades in most years but too many in one thus results looking better
3) Impracticle to buy all triggers hence results differ
4) Some wokred better in some years than others so not very consistent
5) Trades triggered are not nicely spread out during each month of the year but mostly appear under extreme market conditions hence difficult to buy all and hold so many with DD showing big red numbers

I needed strategies which address most of the above issues (if not all). So I customized some to my needs and given the capital I have. It is working fine but just wanted people to be cognizant of the above and develop strategies and expectations.

saico
59 posts
msg #110442
Ignore saico
modified
1/23/2013 3:12:20 AM

Dont forget that the ETF has to close at a new low, not just touching it during a session. The current filter shows also a signal, if the market made just a new low, with still closing higher.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · connor's 7 and 7 filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.