StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · filter to find drop<< >>Post Follow-up
benjamine_df
7 posts
msg #80185
Ignore benjamine_df
9/27/2009 9:06:06 PM

I am trying to write this filter and it does not work as expected. I would be glad if one of the experts in this forum can help me out. I am trying to find Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K drops from above 75 to below 25. I tried various filters

Show stocks where Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K dropped 50 points over last 2 days

This kind of works, but if I use this in backtest for exit criteria, it always triggers one day after this event happens.

Also if I try to add additional criteria for the same %K the query does not return anything

example
Show stocks where Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K dropped 50 points over last 2 days
and Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is greater than 75 within last 2 days

Another issue with dropped over last 2 days query is, it literally compares 2 days start & end, if the drop happens within one day it does not trigger. I want to get triggered if the drop happens from start day to any one of days until nth day, not just nth day. How do we do that?

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #80246
Ignore trendscanner
9/28/2009 10:32:12 PM

Something like this might work:

Fetcher[
Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K 2 days ago above 75
Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K below 25
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · filter to find drop<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.