StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with length of pattern<< >>Post Follow-up
crystal368
1 posts
msg #47486
Ignore crystal368
10/15/2006 5:39:06 PM

newb looking for help please:

i`d like to create several triangle filters with the only difference being the length of time for 'number of days used to create the triangle'. so instead of the given filter:

show stocks where the close is below the lower descending triangle(55,1)

i would like to take the (55) and create a range of 3-15 days, 16-30 days & 31-55 days. originally, i thought the (55) would be inclusive of all # of days up to 55 but that does not seem to be the case. probably a simple fix but i did not have much luck searching or viewing the manual.

thanks for any ideas.

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #47487
Ignore contrahawk
10/15/2006 7:53:47 PM

crystal368 --

My suggestion would be to discuss this with StockFetcher in the "Comments, Bugs and Requests" forum. The triangle filters are "black box" types of things and we don't know how they're constructed. [I would guess that there is a "best fit" line through the either the highs or the up closes and a "best fit" line through the either the lows or the down closes and if those two lines converge in a point somewhere off to the right then it's a triangle.] If they think there is sufficiently broad interest in altering the period of the triangle construction, I'll bet they can do it quickly.

Jim

rharmelink
81 posts
msg #47490
Ignore rharmelink
10/15/2006 10:45:23 PM

No expert here, but are you asking for something like:

show stocks
pattern is descending triangle(13) 3 days ago
pattern is descending triangle(15) 16 days ago
pattern is descending triangle(25) 31 days ago

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with length of pattern<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.