StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how to buy "pool of stocks"<< >>Post Follow-up
shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37627
Ignore shelupinin
8/25/2005 5:19:19 AM

Hi!
Is there any way to buy "pool of stocks" together with someone else? For example, I have some strategy and want to buy stocks, and I want to buy all stocks which meet strategy requirements to diversify risk, but I don't have enought money to buy all of them, (say 20-30 different stocks), so I'd like to pool my money together with several other people, it's like an investment club... Any ideas?
Alex

roncarn
21 posts
msg #37638
Ignore roncarn
8/25/2005 10:18:51 PM

It sounds like you want to start a "Mutual Fund". Or buy a ETF. Pooling money with someone else can be a problem with taxes and the decision making as to what to buy and what and when to sell. Good Luck.

BrysonWest
3 posts
msg #37643
Ignore BrysonWest
8/26/2005 1:17:28 AM

Have you heard of Sharebuilder? I have no experience with it but have come across it in my research. It's http://www.sharebuilder.com. They allow purchasing of partial shares. (eg 1/2 share of IBM). Let us know what you think, if you investigate further. Ellen

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37647
Ignore shelupinin
8/26/2005 9:17:24 AM

to roncar: yes, I'd like to start "mutual fund" ! it's not bad idea to use own strategies and don't risk own money :) by the way, did someone noticed that there are a lot of very poor performed mutual funds? I use http://www.smartmoney.com/fundfinder to see fund performance, there are sooo many fund with negative performance for YTD, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years etc...
I guess many people here, on SF forum, being hired as fund manager, would show much better performance!!! Why those fund owners don't discharge managers who shows negative performance?
... starting own "mutual fund" is pretty expensive thing, even offshore one, http://www.webcom.com/offshore/shlaw/mutual.htm

to Ellen: thanks for sharebuilder.com link, but ther pricing are not good, ther best plan is:
20 FREE Automatic Investments* per month
$11.95 Real-time Trade market orders
I have couple of strategies with holding period 1-3 days, so if I buy/sell 20-30 stock every 1-3 day then sharebuilder.com not for me :(
I guess many traders here on SF forum interested in pooling money together to buy more stocks to diversify risk, but there is no service for it :( Hey, SF staff, may be you will cooperate with some online broker so propose such service for SF members?
Alex

roca1018
163 posts
msg #37650
Ignore roca1018
8/26/2005 10:17:39 AM

Why not buy an ETF thru an online brokerage such as Interactive Brokers. You can buy an ETF at .01 pr share and sell at the same rate.

Rich

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37684
Ignore shelupinin
8/27/2005 7:26:39 PM

to roca1018: no, I don't want to buy ETF, ETF is a pool of stocks which was choosed by ETF manager, I want to buy my own pool of stocks, stocks which choosed by my filters, but since I want to diversify risk, I want to buy 20-30 stocks at the same time, so I will spent tooo much money on comissions ($10 per share multiply 30 stocks equals 300 USD, plus same 300 USD comission to sell), 600 USD on comissions for 1-3 days is too much .... I know only one service on the Internet which are close to what I'm looking for, it's "bivio investment clubs" www.bivio.com, but those clubs consist of non-active investors, not those who ready to buy/sell whole portfolio every 1-3 days :( Is there any other SF members who have same problem? If yes, may be start our own club and invest together? we will discuss our best strategies and choose which strategy to use
Alex

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #37686
Ignore yaotiande
8/27/2005 11:18:33 PM

You want to check out foliofn.com ?

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37688
Ignore shelupinin
8/28/2005 7:30:07 PM

to yaotiande: Thank you very much for foliofn.com link !!! looks like it's what I'm looking for ! thanks again!!!
Alex

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37711
Ignore shelupinin
8/30/2005 11:27:44 AM

Is there somebody who use www.foliofn.com service? Their "window trade" looks strange for me, they claim that "11:00 AM Orders placed between 2:00 PM and 11:00 AM Eastern Time the following business day are matched and processed starting at 11:00 AM" . Is it true that orders placed today will be executed tomorrow?
Alex

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how to buy "pool of stocks"<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.