StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · outperforming index and industry question<< >>Post Follow-up
jake
5 posts
msg #223
Ignore jake
12/8/2002 1:46:22 PM

Tom
Two questions:
1) What time frame does the "Outperforming Index" (Naz, S&P, Dow) use? I notice that SYMC and MCHP are not listed here and they are outperforming the Naz. Must be a time frame difference?

2) How can we use the Industry and Sector filters listed? What phrase to use to find stocks outperforming their industry or sector?
Thanks

tomb
267 posts
msg #232
Ignore tomb
12/9/2002 9:56:08 AM

Hi Jake,

The comparative relative strength (versus Nasdaq or Dow) uses a 30-day running comparison. We are looking to provide more flexibility and customization with respect to that measure.

Additionally, your suggestion about comparisons within a particular sector/industry is something we will definitely look into as well. This would also lead to a feature where you could compare stocks versus ones in your watch-list; effectively creating your own index!

Thanks for the feedback and we will keep you posted with any progress!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

jaredmeade
1 posts
msg #31241
Ignore jaredmeade
2/29/2004 1:19:29 PM

Hey Tom,

When can we expect comparisons within a particular sector/industry? Has there been any progress made in this area? I could really use this.

thanks,

jared

HonestHoness
1 posts
msg #31263
Ignore HonestHoness
3/2/2004 12:34:44 PM

I am also interested in the Sector capabilities of StockFetcher. I have set up a filter on each of the Sector listings to try and pre-determine the next Sector to move into the lead. Here I ask StockFetcher to show me the number of stocks whose close is higher today than yesterday. I then use a spreadsheet to see what Sector is consistently posting higher prices. Recently it has been the Energy Sector. My next step is to try and find the leading stocks in that Sector. I am new to SF, and just learning. Help is appreciated.

sbeckers
22 posts
msg #37105
Ignore sbeckers
7/27/2005 12:11:03 PM

Still need to be able to compare sectors with index, or compare stocks to sectors (not just nasdaq, s&P, etc.) What's up??

pilp
9 posts
msg #37274
Ignore pilp
8/3/2005 7:44:44 AM

what's going on ?

I can't compare industry to Index.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · outperforming index and industry question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.