StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · recovery after rsi(2) <1<< >>Post Follow-up
shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37322
Ignore shelupinin
8/5/2005 10:09:02 AM

Hi!
I'd like to create filter for stocks which has good history of recoveryng after rsi(2) < 1, for example find stocks where rsi(2) was below 1 more than 6 times over last 6 months and 5 times after that price increased next day...
I tried several filters with "set" function but still have no success :(
May be "TheRumpedOne" ?

Thanks
Alex

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #37328
Ignore jclaffee
8/5/2005 11:52:55 AM

maybe

"Close is above Close 1 day ago
and RSI(2) 1 day ago is below 1
and RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago"

and click on "historical"

Jim

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37332
Ignore shelupinin
8/5/2005 6:02:58 PM

thanks for answer, but it's not what I'm looking for, I need a filter which will count how many times stock successfully recovered after rsi(2)<1 and show only stock with high percent of such recovering....
Alex

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #37336
Ignore jclaffee
8/6/2005 12:45:15 PM

The fact that you have multiple criteria -- RSI(2) dropping below 1 + price increasing the following day -- puts this beyond my ability to use the "COUNT" function but the filter gives you issues which meet both criteria today and the chart which pops up when you click historical displays any other times in the past six months where the same criteria were met by the performance of that issue.

Jim

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37430
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/12/2005 8:53:57 AM

Fetcher[
/* FORMER RSI(2) < 1 - 6 times past 100 days */

set{ClOp, close - open}
set{WentUp, count(ClOp above 0, 1)}

set{R2LT1, count(rsi(2) 1 day ago is below 1, 1)}

set{R2LT1TOT, count(rsi(2) 1 day ago is below 1, 100)}

set{HIT, WentUp * R2LT1}

set{HITTOTAL, count(HIT above 0, 100)}

set{Win, HITTOTAL / R2LT1TOT}
set{WinPct, 100 * Win}

ADD COLUMN HITTOTAL
ADD COLUMN R2LT1TOT
ADD Column WinPct

/* YOUR SELECTION CRITERIA GOES BELOW THIS LINE */

volume above 1000000

sort column 6 descending

and market is nasdaq
]

1) Stockfetcher has a DAYS limitation of 100 days. So past 5 months.

2) Rather than use your 6 times selection criteria, I just sort the number of times column and the stocks with the most hits pop to the top.

I have been "accussed" of not explaining how I do what I do with my filters, so upped the documentation a notch here:

/* DID IT GO UP TODAY? */
set{ClOp, close - open}
set{WentUp, count(ClOp above 0, 1)}

/* WAS RSI(2) < 1 YESTERDAY? */
set{R2LT1, count(rsi(2) 1 day ago is below 1, 1)}

/* HOW MANY TIMES WAS RSI(2) < 1 YESTERDAY THE LAST 100 DAYS? */
set{R2LT1TOT, count(rsi(2) 1 day ago is below 1, 100)}

/* DID IT GO UP TODAY AND WAS RSI(2) < 1 YESTERDAY? */
set{HIT, WentUp * R2LT1}

/* DID IT GO UP TODAY AND WAS RSI(2) < 1 YESTERDAY THE LAST 100 DAYS?? */
set{HITTOTAL, count(HIT above 0, 100)}

/* WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE OF RSI(2) < 1 YESTERDAY AND STOCK WENT UP TODAY */
set{Win, HITTOTAL / R2LT1TOT}
set{WinPct, 100 * Win}

Tell me what you think.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

p.s. SF I know what you said about not posting the filter twice but with the comments embedded the filter wasn't clickable!! So I just posted the LOGIC part.

glider
59 posts
msg #37441
Ignore glider
8/12/2005 6:25:54 PM

RumpledOne,

Good explaination of the filter.
It would be a great help to all of us non-progrmming types if you could do this for all the other ones you publish.
Thanks.

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #37447
Ignore Koronbock
8/13/2005 7:07:17 AM

Have you counted the number of filters the RumpledOne has published?
Tons of them! The RumpledOne is very generous and helpfu. Don't ask too much of him.

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37450
Ignore shelupinin
8/13/2005 9:33:19 AM

TheRumpedOne the best!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · recovery after rsi(2) <1<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.