StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · up volume and down volume<< >>Post Follow-up
johnng74
9 posts
msg #65955
Ignore johnng74
8/8/2008 3:23:42 AM

I would like to find a list of stocks whose up volume has been higher than the down volume for the past week. Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks
John

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65956
Ignore chetron
8/8/2008 6:31:50 AM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[

AVGVOL(5) INCREASING LAST 5 DAY

]

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #65957
Ignore maxreturn
8/8/2008 8:16:54 AM

John, are you looking for the sum of up volume during the last week vs the sum of down volume? Also, please clarify up and down volume. If you define up volume as the black volume bars in SF and down volume bars as red I think I have a solution for you.

johnng74
9 posts
msg #65990
Ignore johnng74
8/9/2008 5:15:20 AM

What I mean is that I want to make sure that the volume for up day is higher than down day for the last week. For example, if the stock goes up Mon, Tuesday and Friday, I want to make sure that the volume for volume for Wed is lower than Tuesday, and volume on Friday is higher than Thursday.

Basically, I want to make sure that the stock rises on increasing volume and drops on decreasing volume .. any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks
John

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65991
Ignore chetron
8/9/2008 9:31:46 AM

isn't that obv?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · up volume and down volume<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.