StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · want a good news filter/scanner for fade the move<< >>Post Follow-up
lilypond10
4 posts
msg #65063
Ignore lilypond10
7/16/2008 9:20:39 PM

I'm a new trader trying to build a simple trading strategy that I believe should be low risk , easy to research and execute. (also thoughts on other strategies for beginner are more than welcome)

-- Fade the move

The strategy is to note the current trend of the market: forecasted to be up/down for the next week (I have a reliable source for this), scan stocks that have just had a news event AND the stock moved away from the trend (up/down) by more than 5% AND is optionable AND was in a trend for the last 30 days in the same direction as the current market and industry.

In my view this picks up stocks that are going up or down, had a divergent move due to news. I would pick the stocks that had moves against the current market and industry's trend to consider using options in the direction BACK to the TREND. The skill will be in selecting the stocks who's move was do to bogus or weak news and will fall back to it's prior trend in a few days.

I'm looking for news scanner sites or stock scanner sites/ tools that also tie in news events. (wish stockfetcher.com had a news tie in!) I'm using google and yahoo but would like advice on others.

Any tips, tools or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks , Lily

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #65686
Ignore guru_trader
8/1/2008 12:57:36 AM

I like ... http://finviz.com/

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65726
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/1/2008 6:11:18 PM

Guru-Trader -

You are a GENIUS for bringing this incredible website across my desk and this forum!!! Pure flippin' "GENIUS!" This is by far in the top 5 on the entire net when it comes to Financials, Fundamentals, and overall market news!. I've made some serious money the last couple weeks ever since you first posted that site!

WAY-2-GO GURU!...

- IMNOTWORTHYRIGGS -

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #65784
Ignore guru_trader
8/3/2008 11:52:54 PM

You are welcome WSG ... just returning the favor

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · want a good news filter/scanner for fade the move<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.