StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · weekly MACD Fast Line(12,26)<< >>Post Follow-up
mrenders
2 posts
msg #38643
Ignore mrenders
11/1/2005 4:20:28 PM

I am looking for stocks where the weekly(!) MACD Fast Line(12,26) was
declining untill the second last week and then flattened out to horizontal
or started to climb last week. The problem is I don't get this idea trans-
lated into the appropriate StockFetcher filter.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38652
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 9:37:24 PM

mrenders -

You might not see that happen within a week on the WEEKLY MACD. It just wasn't designed that way. Also, with the market being in an uptrend for the last few days, you wont see too many winners this late in the uptrend. You need to screen these at the START of a reversal period. One way to detect what you're looking for is to rely on weekly slow stochastics along side with the weekly MACD. It will always turn 1 week before the MACD. I know just what you are looking for and here it is....

Fetcher[show stocks where pattern is weekly bullish engulfing and weekly MACD(12,26)fast line crossed below weekly macd(12,26)slow line 1 week ago and weekly slow stochastics(5,3)fast %K crossed above weekly slow stochastics(5,3)slow %D within the last 2 weeks]

Now try these when the next uptrend starts or change this filter to "pattern is weekly bullish three outside up" of "pattern is weekly bullish kicking." This way you stay WITH the trend. Play with these and I think you'll be pleased. Hope it helps.

RIGGS

rtucker
318 posts
msg #38664
Ignore rtucker
11/2/2005 2:40:41 AM

Here are a few phrase examples that may help you express what you want. Check out the use of weekly macd(12,26) Histogram also. Hope this helps.

Fetcher[weekly macd(12,26) fast line 2 weeks ago reached a new 12 week low

and weekly macd(12,26) fast line < 0

and weekly macd(12,26) fast line 2 weeks ago has been decreasing for the last 4 weeks

and weekly macd(12,26) fast line 1 week ago > weekly macd(12,26) 2 weeks ago

add column weekly macd(12,26) fast line 12 week low
add column weekly macd(12,26) fast line 2 weeks ago
add column weekly macd(12,26) fast line 1 week ago
add column weekly macd(12,26) fast line

and chart-display is weekly
]

mrenders
2 posts
msg #38683
Ignore mrenders
11/3/2005 10:53:44 AM

riggs and rtucker, at first sight these are both excellent filters. I will digg
more deeply into this in the weekend. Thanks for your help.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #38685
Ignore maxreturn
11/3/2005 1:55:50 PM

Nice work Riggs and Rtucker! Like many I too have used the MACD/stochastic combination. Just wanted to share with you all what I feel is a superior combination. I used Riggs filter and simply added weekly stochastic RSI:

Fetcher[show stocks where pattern is weekly bullish engulfing and weekly MACD(12,26)fast line crossed below weekly macd(12,26)slow line 1 week ago and weekly slow stochastics(5,3)fast %K crossed above weekly slow stochastics(5,3)slow %D within the last 2 weeks
and draw weekly stochastic rsi(14)
]

and draw ema(200)

Today the only stock that came up was AITX. A few observations...1) Notice how from May-Aug the stock consolidated above the ema200. Weekly MACD although declining was above the 0 line indicating a longer term bull market. 2) What I like to do during a pullback/consolidation like this is watch the histogram and stochastic RSI very carefully. What I'm looking for is for the histogram to start ticking up while at the same time Stochastic RSI makes new highs above the .25 level. Then start watching the daily charts and start buying the dips. Notice that in late June both occurred. Of course I use other tools to confirm but this is primarily how I use this combination. As a side note...Look at how StochRSI forms a more obvious divergence at the September high.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38689
Ignore riggs
11/3/2005 4:41:55 PM

maxreturn -

That was a nice addition! Did you see what (AITX)did around 3:30 on the intraday? Looks like the start of something good man. Very nice work MR. I normally only like the weekly RSI when it crosses above "0", but the weekly candle is a Bullish Thrust line. I'm sure I'll find my way into (AITX)sometime tomorrow. Again, nice work!

RIGGS.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38691
Ignore riggs
11/3/2005 4:46:08 PM

mrenders -

You are more than welcome. Between my weekly filter and rtuckers, you will never go wrong. I like the way you wanted a consolidation around the zero line. That was smart as well on your part.

RIGGS.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · weekly MACD Fast Line(12,26)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.