StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · stock scan for wide intraday stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
aziam
24 posts
msg #98999
Ignore aziam
2/10/2011 5:52:01 AM

Newbie here..lazy one too. Could some wise owl tell me if/how its possible to scan for stocks that have
an average intraday range (x days) greater than x% of their current price.
For example a recent day day average of JNPR's daily range came to 1.00 per day and the price was approx $40 which means that its average daily range was 2.5%
TIA

duke56468
683 posts
msg #99007
Ignore duke56468
modified
2/10/2011 3:26:38 PM

Maybe this will get you started

Fetcher[
Show stocks Average True Range(14) > 2%
set{a1, atr(14)}
set{a2, a1/close}
add column a2
add column ATR(14)
sort column 5 descending

]

aziam
24 posts
msg #99205
Ignore aziam
2/18/2011 10:29:54 AM

Thanks for your help. I am verrry slowly getting to grips w/the syntax. Instead of ATR is there a way to show the average intraday range. I can then add the volume and price filters?
TIA

StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · stock scan for wide intraday stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.