StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · AMD - Trend has changed.<< >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #146285
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/27/2019 11:26:53 AM

Now with that being said and every computer screen via hedge funds , financial planners , mutual funds, traders , investors and others see the same price action as every one else including people of SF. Watch how the trend gains strength until it changes back to a down trend.

Just saying!

sandjco
648 posts
msg #146291
Ignore sandjco
modified
1/27/2019 6:36:06 PM

Thank you Mac for always generously sharing ideas.

I know one of my mistakes have been trying to "catch bottoms" instead of waiting for the trend to change as you have always suggested.

Yes, we all see the same price and volume; the ones who do well consistently over time seems to be the ones who are patient and are bale to trade according to their temperament.

Again, thank you (regardless of what AMD does lol)

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #146292
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/27/2019 9:16:32 PM

Great chart sandjco. Trend changes I think are more powerfull as other traders see the same thing as time goes on.

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #146293
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/27/2019 9:17:33 PM

We learn by our mistakes. I know as I have made a bunch of them. Mistakes is what makes us grow.

sandjco
648 posts
msg #146294
Ignore sandjco
1/27/2019 11:17:03 PM

Thanks Mac. Not repeating the mistakes I guess is the hard part.

I was so caught up with using RSI(2) and DMA (not understanding it fully and trying to catch the first change bar) last year that I didn't pay attention to the trend. When I saw the trend changed; i was too stubborn to switch (which was in a way good as I didn't lose but bad as it could have been worse!).

So, I guess I'm back to square one. Now I have to figure out which candidates that show up on my simple scanner I should play.

I was thinking of playing SOXL instead of AMD. However, part of me wants it to retrace first. I will build an initial position tomorrow on TQQQ and add when the bars continue on the same trend (opposite to what I tried last year) or I may just dive into AMD ;=P I need my Prozac!

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #146333
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/30/2019 4:53:48 PM

Didn't realize that AMD was a earnings play -
AMD is going places . Might see some profit taking in the next couple of days but she's headed North.

Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #146394
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/2/2019 10:41:35 AM

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · AMD - Trend has changed.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.