StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #138039
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/8/2017 7:44:34 AM

Mankoh, I tried that. It is not allowing me to enter spy,dia or qqq. Will continue to read the manual.

Thanks

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138041
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/8/2017 8:40:56 AM

SAFeTRADE:

Well, this is all I see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apjbj7p118xd3yw/2017-09-08_5-36-31.jpg?dl=0 .

Perhaps you downloaded yours, before he changed it to a free download, or something? How frustrating. I mean, yup, it's his product, and he can do what he wants, but once he takes that site down, those of us who don't have the PDF will be screwed.

Any chance you have Dropbox or another cloud storage, or an FTP, where you could put a copy? I realize it's an imposition, but...?

BWB

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138042
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/8/2017 9:16:10 AM

AHEM.

NEVER MIND. No more posting before adequate coffee. Got it. My apologies.

BWB

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138078
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/9/2017 5:35:11 PM

Thanks, guys:

For turning me onto Stratasearch. I'm running a 7-year backtest using it now--you're all right, following the two tutorials is easy as hell, and you can be up and running in NO time, (ahem, assuming you don't utterly brain-fart, and look at the wrong program's help section...soooooo embarrassing) if you've ever done or used anything like this. (BTW: with only 50 stocks, I had no trouble dl'ing Google updates, for those who seem to be having issues.)

I appreciate it, I do. Kevin, I think it was you, I saw discussing Neuromaster. Any pros or cons? Love it or hate it, or, do you not use it? I'm not 100% sure that that's the direction I want to go, but nobody in their right mind, I think, would ever turn down an edge. Have you used that? (Or anyone else here?)? I'm not really interested in trading long, I'm interested in options, thanks.

TIA,
BWB

dtatu
143 posts
msg #138080
Ignore dtatu
9/9/2017 6:52:13 PM

Options?
Then , I strongly suggest
- optionalpha.com and
- tastytrade.com
- both do what one is supposed to do with Options: sell premium ( not buy !!!) Very educational!

I complete these with very simple , trend following trades: ex. daily 10/100 MA and weekly 10/20 with some MACD / STO weekly filters.
- while waiting for the trend following trades to really take off and let them go( or get out on the opposite signal), you keep selling option premium on 7, 10 day and 30 day delta neutral straddles (or iron butterflies to diminish the margin) or double diagonal 1/4 week OUT( 1week short, 4 week long out)-Go to these sites and you'll learn a lot

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #138085
Ignore mahkoh
9/10/2017 7:48:44 AM

I'm running aa Autosearch test for an Ichimoku strategy where I want to enter when the tenkan line crosses above the kijun line above the cloud. This is supposed to be a strong bullish signal and the start of a possible longer uptrend, especially when the chikou span has no overhead resistance.
http://www.ichimokutrader.com/signals.html

The code:

(crossabove((high(high,9)+low(low,9))/2,((high(high,26)+low(low,26))/2))
and
(high(high,26)+low(low,26))/2 >ref(((high(high,52)+low(low,52))/2),-26)
and
(high(high,26)+low(low,26))/2 >ref((high(high,9)+low(low,9))/2+(high(high,26)+low(low,26))/2,-26))

I have created a supporting trading rule out of this and designated this as the only rule to be used always.

close > ref(close,-26)

is the chikou span rule and is the only supporting entry rule to be used random.
All other supporting entries are set to "never"
------------------
I have one primary trading rule set to always; the liquidity and price requirement:

((mov(volume, 20, simple) * close >= 200000)
and
close>2)

exit:

0=1

and have ticked the "allow selection of entry and exit from different primary rules"
All other primary rules are set to " never"

All supporting exit rules set to random
"Supporting entry and exit rules" all set to never.

------------

My objective is to have the Ichimoku as the only entry and search for a technical exit beside the regular supporting exits. However, the only primary exit in the processor is my 0=1 exit.. Apparently I have to set the other primary trading rules to random in order to select a different exit, but then it will also incorporate that primary entry.

I think if I want this I would need to create my own supporting exits, unless someone has an idea?

PS: Maybe it would be a good idea to create a Stratasearch group at yahoo or groups.io.
A big advantage would be the possibility to share files (trading rules, custom formulas, strategies)

Would anyone be interested in this?

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138093
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/11/2017 8:53:09 AM

@dtatu:

I already have a subscription/tools access at Optionsalpha. Thanks for the lead to TastyTrade, although I have a huge number of educational sites, courses, etc., already.

Thx,
BWB

ferndave
65 posts
msg #138105
Ignore ferndave
9/11/2017 3:04:14 PM

@mahkoh I'd be interested. After SS shut down I thought a Google Group or something like you mentioned would be a good place for refugees to share techniques or ask questions.

dtatu
143 posts
msg #138111
Ignore dtatu
modified
9/11/2017 6:55:56 PM

@belwilder..
Difficult to beat Tastytrade Live stream( or delayed if you want), in which, real traders trade in real time; plenty of ideas....

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138151
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/13/2017 2:40:45 PM

Question for users of Stratasearch:

I realize that this isn't the SS support forum, but, no harm in asking:

If you set up a strategy, a simple crossover (buy when the shorter crosses the longer, sell when the longer crosses the shorter) and ran it against a SINGLE stock, for a 1-year period, how long would you reasonably expect that to take, on a reasonably powerful computer?

I've run a couple of combinations this week, and none of them completed. I am obviously doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I can't figure out WHAT. The first two, fine, I was running them against an 82-stock list, but I tried to run a single crossover last night, one stock, one year, and it was still running this morning. (I did have another computer thing this morning, that *could* have affected it, but...)

If anyone can give me some input on that--just your typical timing--I'd appreciate it. I tested both forumlae, and they seem fine, but...I can't figure out what I might be screwing up here. I can't believe that a single stock, single year crossover could run for 10-12 hours. Am I wrong?

BWB

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.