StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What happened to the forum?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
klynn55
747 posts
msg #121779
Ignore klynn55
10/24/2014 2:47:02 PM

macriver: i would sure appreciate a hint or two to find 13th floors twitter, im of the belief 13th was a concoction of muddy and IU to draw people to his pay chat,
they then disappeared, the story of a laid off mechanic who makes half a million trading muddy"s way , too good to be true, brilliant marketing, i think IU does the same today with various characters who claim to be making millions. IU claims 1000 subs at $200 per month.

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #121784
Ignore compound_gains
10/24/2014 5:25:42 PM

Question...if the Muddy system was so great, where are all of the Mudders today? I was around when Muddy was the cat's ass here and there was a strong Muddy group on Yahoo. I totally believed in the guy and the system and it was the first system I made a total commitment to. There was even one active Mudder who created a "no brainer" software offering that would do all of the work for you.

I mean no disrespect, but I lost money over a couple of years the Muddy way and I honestly believe I worked at it hard. Go figure, maybe it was me, but, will all of the Mudders left please raise their hand. Hope I'm not sounding bitter...it was a learning experience.

So here I am today having made very modest contributions to the SF board over a long period of time.That being said:
1. Annoying, arrogant and rude blowhards have been around this board forever. Most don't seem to last that long and the ignore feature is a wonderful tool.
2. IMO there are a lot of posters who ask for filters without giving any effort first to trying to work it out for themselves. That's a turn off as far as I'm concerned...more than a few of us have put countless hours into first learning the syntax and then applying it.
3.There is a vast amount of back history here, but it seems that there are more than a few who don't seem to know how to search.
4. How many times can you beat a dead horse searching for the Holy Grail?
5. After much effort (different screens (hundreds?), stupidity, bad trade management, lost money) I have a system that I'm happy with and it makes me very decent money. SF is an integral part of it, but trade management is just as important.
6. I've tweaked and back tested the damn thing ten ways to Sunday (okay, for a long time it was something I actually had fun doing) and I haven't been able to come up with anything better. I really don't have much interest anymore in the filters...my focus is on perfecting trade management, maximizing my return or minimizing my loss.
7. I'm not sure that there has been a shift to trade picks over filters or systems as much as a decline in the latter. Perhaps it's a function of #4.

Sorry for the rambling, but that's my perspective.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #121785
Ignore klynn55
10/24/2014 5:49:39 PM

muddy plays a small part in IU's chat, he gives no seminars, he alerts in the chat , supposedly his forte is 43 years of knowing which stock will gain rapidly, IU has 1000 subs, i guess he gets a piece of that.

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #121787
Ignore compound_gains
10/24/2014 6:03:25 PM

What is your frickin' point??

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #121788
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
10/24/2014 8:48:12 PM

13th_floor is Nathan Michaud of investors underground

13th_floor is Nathan Michaud of investors underground twitter link

About Nathan Michaud of investors underground .

$LAKE $APT $IBIO $VSR $TKMR are some of his calls- Call them what you want!

klynn55
747 posts
msg #121789
Ignore klynn55
10/24/2014 9:00:52 PM

mac: writing style completely different, nathan and 13th.

compound: if you cant read, i cant help you.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #121790
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/25/2014 2:48:48 AM

Guess I will clear this up I asked Nathan if 13th_floor was his handle on SF

spin85
23 posts
msg #121797
Ignore spin85
10/27/2014 9:43:45 AM

Spent the weekend combing through the forum for best of the best. Here are some of my conclusions soley based on my opinion and with respect to numerous contributors over the years.

Best:

Systems = Kevin_in_GA

Filters = TheRumpledOne, alf44, Niko, Chetron, Kevin, wallstreetgenius, Four

Trader = johnpaulca

Noise maker = holygrail, M4M, shillllihs, alf44, klynn55

four
5,087 posts
msg #121802
Ignore four
10/27/2014 12:09:34 PM

thanks

klynn55
747 posts
msg #121812
Ignore klynn55
10/27/2014 6:57:37 PM

i spent the weekend drinking good coffee, beer, eating good food, time with my wife and best friend, and pondering the colors of the fall leaves.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What happened to the forum?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.