StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Chart Annotations - Beta<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #37615
8/24/2005 10:15:48 AM

We've just released a beta version of a chart annotation tool for StockFetcher flash based charts. To start drawing trend lines right away, just click and draw a line. For other annotation options:

• Click the annotation icon to display the toolbar:

We still have lots to add before the official release (such as saving, improved callouts, etc..) so let us know what you think!

Note: This feature requires the MacroMedia flash control and that your chart settings are set to "Flash Charts".

StockFetcher Support

• DasKapital
    36 posts
    msg #37616
    Ignore DasKapital
    8/24/2005 11:26:22 AM

A fantastic addition!

2 Questions:

1) How do you delete an annotation. I see how to reposition and resize.

2) Can the "split indicators" be removed from charts. They look too much
    like the pointers.

Thanks

stockfetcher
    979 posts
    msg #37617
    8/24/2005 11:41:24 AM

To delete, click on the "Arrow" looking icon then click near the endpoint of one of the lines or objects. Then hit your delete key or the 'X'.

We'll look at what can be done with the split indicators. Would it also work if we were to change the up/down arrow shapes?

swingtime
    5 posts
    msg #37618
    Ignore swingtime
    8/24/2005 12:55:28 PM

This is an excellent addition-thanks for updating StockFether...

trek
    72 posts
    msg #37690
    Ignore trek
    8/29/2005 8:55:24 AM

Great addition

Is there any way to draw a trendline at a certain angle from a low or high point?
    For example a 45 degree angle (or any user defined angle) from a low point and then to be able to extend the right side of the chart to see where the angle will be in the future would be an excellent addition.

Thanks for the great work,

Trek

gea0314
    2 posts
    msg #38399
    Ignore gea0314
    10/11/2005 5:53:20 AM

I am unable to find a way to print the charts after using/marking them with this excellent tool. Is it possible, or not. And, if not, is that something that could be incorporated in the future.

mantis2k4
    20 posts
    msg #38730
    Ignore mantis2k4
    11/6/2005 5:25:15 PM

Fibonacci retracement tools would be nice to.

arby347
    87 posts
    msg #41404
    Ignore arby347
    2/19/2006 6:26:33 PM

great features: I would like to give my wish list:

1. As you drag the cursor, can the y value(price) be given of the horizontal line?
    2. Could there be an option to extend the chart beyond the right side creating blank "paper" marked with the price and date scales?

sfbug
    20 posts
    msg #41829
    Ignore sfbug
    3/7/2006 10:16:40 PM

There is nobody that likes all the color graphics (etc.) more than me.
    But my view is that time should be spent figuring out how to add market breath tools and indicators before all the graphics stuff.
    The right tools work really well, even out of a brown paper tool box.
    Stockfetcher is my favorite screener but we need world class tools before a world class tool box.

http://stockcharts.com/education/IndicatorAnalysis/marketindicators1.html
    Bullish Percent Index (BPI)
    Arms Index (TRIN)
    Volatility Index (VIX)
    Advance-Decline Line
    McClellan Oscillator
    McClellan Summation Index
    Stocks above their 200, 150, or 50-Day SMA
    ... etc.

SFbug
    =====

harvebrown
    2 posts
    msg #45371
    Ignore harvebrown
    6/29/2006 4:08:15 PM

I am unable to use either the horizontal or verticle curser recently
    nor can I get previous day's price reading. Where am I going wrong?
    I don't have the little icon showing up on my recent charts.

Thanks, Harvey Brown

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Chart Annotations - Beta<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
    EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.