StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Chart Color Customization ** Beta **<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #26583
5/23/2003 3:59:14 PM

Due to recent discussions on the forums, we decided to release an early (beta) version of a chart color customization page. While this is by no means polished, we thought it would provide immediate benefit for a number of StockFetcher members.

In the final version we will offer a number of prebuilt chart color schemes - so if you have a favorite color configuration - send it our way (support@stockfetcher.com) !

Since this is a beta, you'll only be able to access the page through the following link:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=colorsettings

Send us your feedback!

Best regards!
StockFetcher.com Support

gruender
101 posts
msg #26587
Ignore gruender
5/23/2003 7:03:24 PM

SF, your beta feature to add chart color customization is terrific! I vote for this for immediate implementation. Now I will be able to spend all of my time playing with all of these colors and not have to worry about picking stocks!

Keep up the great job. Joe

AntNet
36 posts
msg #26593
Ignore AntNet
5/24/2003 1:37:38 AM

The custom chart colors option is great! I think the best way to have custom color applied would be to allow us to go to a page, like you have now, create our custom color code and then save the code as a "CHAIN" item / filter. We could then apply / add the "Color Chain" to any individual filter and we could make a different "Color Chain" for different filters if desired. I hope this approach doesn't open a pandoras box!

There is one other Custom Color feature you should add to make the charts even more useful. Please add a "Condition" / Filter specific over-ride! This would allow users to immediately see where / when "on the price chart" the filter was PREVIOUSLY applicable in a manner similar to the green triangles on the historical charts. This would be an easy and quick way to identify the EXACT BAR / Candle where / when the "Condition" / Filter occurred.

For example: If I specified the regular / normal "Candle Gain Border" as #009900 and the "Candle Loss Border" as #c00e0e then I could specify a "Condition" / Filter specific over-ride for "Candle Gain Border" as #000000 and the "Candle Loss Border" as #000000. This would make the applicable bar / candle highly visible and provide a good past reference point on the chart from which to make an analysis. You might even want to offer the "OVER-RIDE" feature on the Volume Bars.

I think adding the "Over-Ride" feature would also give SF Charts a unique advantage over other online charting alternatives and set a new standard for others to follow.

Thanks for your consideration.

Bert.

adrianf
49 posts
msg #26614
Ignore adrianf
5/26/2003 1:41:06 AM

What a great improvement. You guys are basically the only site I know of that listens to its customers.

The number ONE rule in any business is...take care of your customers and they will take care of the business.

Thanks again.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #26636
Ignore karennma
5/27/2003 8:06:43 PM

Amen! I LOVE the color-coding! U guys are awesome!

jimhsu
14 posts
msg #29044
Ignore jimhsu
10/4/2003 6:55:46 PM

Cool feature. :)

Possible suggestion: chart settings - click here

jimhsu
14 posts
msg #29045
Ignore jimhsu
10/4/2003 6:57:28 PM

Oops.... would an admin put a return in that huge link??

defghca
150 posts
msg #29273
Ignore defghca
10/10/2003 5:18:14 PM

Tomb
give me the old parameters please.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #29294
Ignore karennma
10/12/2003 12:08:57 AM

oh my god. i've screwed up my screen.
i clicked possible setting by jimhsu and ruined by screen!
how do i get it back to where it was. YUCK!!
help please!!! I didn't click reset or update or anything.
was just browsing!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #29295
Ignore karennma
10/12/2003 12:10:27 AM

oh jeez. get me out of this black background.

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Chart Color Customization ** Beta **<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.