StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Back-test your filters<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #302
1/7/2003 12:37:55 PM

Now you can test your favorite screens by reviewing results from past dates. This allows you to see what kind of stocks match your filter in different market conditions, as well as how those stocks perform.

To take advantage of this new feature, you can simply add the "date offfset" phrase to any of your filters. For example:

Fetcher[show stocks where the low is below the lower bollinger band and date offset is 15]

The above will show stocks that matched your filter 15 days ago.

Click here to learn more! (flash required)

Don't hesitate to drop us a line if you have any questions or comments about this feature.

StockFetcher.com Support

KCOPPOLA
6 posts
msg #314
Ignore KCOPPOLA
1/10/2003 1:37:33 AM

This works well when part of a querey written together on one chain. Howveer, it does not seem to work when added as an additional chain by itself. Am I doing something wrong?

dsafari
43 posts
msg #318
Ignore dsafari
1/10/2003 2:04:17 AM

I don'tyou are, I could not figure out how to make it work on the entire chain appart from cutting and pasting the chains together. However somethings cannot seem to be added like outperforming the S&P 500.

tomb
267 posts
msg #320
Ignore tomb
1/10/2003 9:02:10 AM

Hi,

Since the backtesting is a brand-new feature, we have initially incorporated it in a couple areas of StockFetcher. Within the next week, we plan on integrating it into your "My Filters" or filter-chains.

Once we have enabled this feature for "My Filters" you will be able to access this feature through either the "date offset" phrase or from the "show results from 3 months ago" link.

Thanks for the feedback and we will let you know when this feature has been added!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

tomb
267 posts
msg #334
Ignore tomb
1/16/2003 2:47:12 PM

Hi,

Just a follow-up to my previous message, we have now included the back-testing feature in nearly all of the filters on StockFetcher. This includes your filter chains, or "My Filters".

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this feature.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

faraway
16 posts
msg #337
Ignore faraway
1/16/2003 10:46:02 PM

I love the new backtest feature. But when I'm looking at the performance results page which opens in a new window, and I see the filter displayed below the performance graphs, I keep wishing I could tweak (edit) my filter right there and re-test the performance with a single click. This would save users from having to return to the filter results window, edit, display the new filter results, click the performance link, and then go back to the performance results window to see the change in performance. I think this would greatly enhance the process of developing filters and backtesting them -- any chance you can work this into your development schedule?

tomb
267 posts
msg #340
Ignore tomb
1/17/2003 9:55:55 AM

Hi,

Great suggestion. We have now added the ability to modify your screen from the back-testing results window. There are two new buttons: "View Matches!" and "Update!". "View Matches!" will update the main results window with your latest filter text. The "Update!" button will refresh the back-testing results with your new filter parameters.

Note: The ability to edit your filter while viewing the back-testing results only works when you are editing a text-based filter.

Thank you again for the feedback and please don't hesitate to drop us a line if you have any additional questions or comments.

Tom.
StockFetcher.com Support

faraway
16 posts
msg #361
Ignore faraway
1/30/2003 6:42:36 AM

Thanks for adding the ability to modify your screen from the back-testing results -- BUT NOW IT'S GONE? My screen no longer shows this new modification. Any idea what's wrong?

tomb
267 posts
msg #363
Ignore tomb
1/30/2003 11:41:34 AM

Hi,

That feature should still be there. Keep in mind that you can only edit your filter when viewing a "text-based" filter. You are not able to modify the text for any of your saved "My Filters."

If you are viewing a text-based filter and still do not see the edit box, please let us know. Also, if you can either respond here or at support@stockfetcher.com with the filter text, we will definitely look into that further.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

faraway
16 posts
msg #364
Ignore faraway
1/31/2003 12:11:40 AM

You identified the problem -- I was expecting that I could modify the text of my filters on this screen. Not a problem -- it's easy enough to copy the text of a filter and create a "text-based' filter to use for fine-tuning on the performance screen. Thanks!

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Back-test your filters<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.