StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Global Filter and Organizing Custom Filters<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #199
12/4/2002 4:22:09 PM

Two new features added to the My Filters section: Global Filter and Filter Organization. When you visit the My Filters section, clicking on the Settings link will bring you to a new configuration page.

1. Global Filter. The Global Filter allows you to set basic screening properties that you can apply across all of your custom chains. This is a handy feature when you want to apply price and volume criteria, but don't want to re-enter that information for each of your custom filters.

The Global Filter property can also be turned off for any of your custom chains by either clicking the appropriate checkbox when viewing your filter list, or clicking the On/Off link when editing your custom filter.

2. Filter Organization. You now have the ability to re-order your custom filters to suit your needs. Whether you want to remove blank spaces where old filters used to be, or wish to organize based on function, use the movement buttons to set your filters up the way you want.

Drop us a line if you have any questions or comments about this new feature!

These features are available to StockFetcher subscribers only.

dsafari
43 posts
msg #338
Ignore dsafari
1/17/2003 1:16:25 AM

Hello stockfetcher,

I can't remember if I have mentioned this in another thread. I couldn't find it anywhere...

The problem is that I can't seem to add several criteria to my global settings. For example I would like to have a volume criteria applied to all my filters and a price criteria. When I do the following all that gets saved is the first criteria, here is an example:
avgvol(10) is above 100000 and close is between 5 and 30

avgvol(10) is above 100000 <-- this is all that is saved.

Any help provided is welcomed. Thank you.

tomb
267 posts
msg #339
Ignore tomb
1/17/2003 8:40:01 AM

Hi,

You should be able to add several components to your "global filter". It sounds as if there may be an issue with either a cached page or other browser problem. If possible, do you mind outlining the steps you take to see this problem?

Thank you very much and we apologize is this has caused any inconvenience for you.

Tom.
StockFetcher.com Support

dsafari
43 posts
msg #342
Ignore dsafari
1/17/2003 10:45:46 PM

Sure, here is what I do.

Hmm...umm, I just loaded up the page and it appears to have the composite global setting that I had specified earlier. I swear it wasn't there before! Maybe you where right about it possibly being a caching issue after i had hit the 'save' button. FWIW I am using Mozilla 1.2.1.

Thanks for your prompt reply tomb

jstrades
3 posts
msg #36026
Ignore jstrades
5/17/2005 3:47:33 PM

Can I make a filter only scan the 100 stocks I want to? How?
Please help.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38623
Ignore alf44
10/31/2005 4:16:54 PM

SF Staff,

Did anyone ever answer "jstrades" question ?

I too think this would be a very good thing to be able to do.

In other words, when you write a scan...much like the "Market is Dow 30" or "Market is S&P 500" commands...you could request "Market is Watch List Biotech" (as an example). This would allow you to see the entire list of returned stocks WITH columns etc... that you have written into that particular scan.

If this can ALREADY be done...please tell me how.

If it can't currently be done...please respond and tell me if it's something you would consider.

Thanks,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38624
Ignore alf44
10/31/2005 4:26:22 PM

...it would also allow you to create your OWN select universe of stocks from which to focus your attention and your filters...and as I said in the previous post...have the ability to view ALL of the columns that you have written into the filter !

This would be very helpful. imo

Regards,

alf44

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #38627
Ignore yaotiande
10/31/2005 5:23:09 PM

apply to watchlist(your list)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38633
Ignore alf44
10/31/2005 11:46:21 PM

yaotiande,

You misunderstood my question/request completely !

I'm not asking how to get stocks (that might be returned from a scan) into a Watchlist !

Come on...that's easy !!!

I'm asking for the ability to create your own "user defined"..."universe of stocks"...to target your scans at...and THEN...have ALL the results of that scan be displayed in a "filter results" window...just like the results from ANY OTHER scan one might execute ! Along with any ADDED COLUMNS etc... that you included within the context of your scan filter !

To my knowledge...that CAN'T be done at the present time !

What about it SF staff ?

Please help !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38634
Ignore alf44
10/31/2005 11:52:32 PM

...just like you can currently do with the "Market is" (ie. Dow 30, NASDAQ 100, S&P 500) command right now.

Seems to me that the "Market is" command could be made to include some user defined "Market" criteria just as well !

Like...a particular Watchlist (for example) !

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Global Filter and Organizing Custom Filters<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.