StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Backtesting Discontinued on August 1, 2015<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
4 posts
msg #124262
Ignore 111580
7/6/2015 8:35:39 PM

Maybe if you were a customer you might feel differently. As a customer (for about ten years) I find it adds insult to injury to go on about how to treat customers when you are leaving us out in the cold. You are completely stonewalling against the many customer requests to maintain the service unsupported "because you wouldn't want to be treated like that." We are asking to be treated like that. Are you trying to antagonize people?

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #124263
Ignore Mactheriverrat
7/6/2015 8:47:46 PM

How about if they want back testing then charge them for the back testing.
Just a idea.
I myself look for setups.

amtmail
34 posts
msg #124269
Ignore amtmail
7/7/2015 2:49:28 AM

I think it is good idea from Mactheriverrat
please you opinion

gtopag
3 posts
msg #124297
Ignore gtopag
7/8/2015 2:30:38 AM

Just wanted to let all the keen backtesters know of another site that provides a simple but powerful backtesting web based service. You can find it at backtestbroker.com. Let me know what you think.

jlittle_97@yahoo.com
3 posts
msg #124407
Ignore jlittle_97@yahoo.com
7/18/2015 12:49:09 PM

Wow. After having left SF for a couple of years I came back in part for the back testing tool. I also noticed that you, so far as I can tell, have not changed your pricing structure.

I don't know what your financials look like nor do I care-it's not my business. I do know that it is highly unusual for pricing to remain at the same level for a number of years.

While we all appreciate that you have not increased your pricing this is also not typical of a business. It seems to me that you could increase your pricing $2-$3 per month and cover your costs for the tool. In that manner all of your subscribers support the tool. Whether or not they use it is up to them.

You obviously have a number of customers that want to use the tool. A back testing tool is pretty much a standard feature for any stock screening service. It seems to me that taking away a feature that is in demand and not giving a price increase a chance is the wrong direction. But it's your business so do what you think is best. Like many others here I will most likely let my subscription drop without the tool.

Best,
John

johncoxme
12 posts
msg #124424
Ignore johncoxme
7/19/2015 8:15:17 PM

Subscribers may not directly use this tool, but I am sure they value and use the filters that have excellent backtest results posted.
Please find a way to keep this wonderful tool.

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Backtesting Discontinued on August 1, 2015<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.