StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Chat<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #54531
9/4/2007 8:55:59 AM

As a result of great feedback, we are introducing new StockFetcher Chat tool.

To get started, you can click on the "SFChat" link near the upper right of the StockFetcher page, or click here.

*Note* StockFetcher Chat requires Adobe Flash 9.0

First, we would like to thank everyone for the comments and suggestions which brought about this new feature. We hope that this tool proves useful and that we are able to work together to make it even more useful.

Next, we expect there to be bugs and missing features in this initial release. By providing an early release of this tool, we hope that we can gather features and requests to help better direct future development. So as you use the tool, please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into any bugs or if there are features you would love to see in the tool.

As far as initial features beyond basic chat, you can take advantage of inline quotes, StockFetcher filters and StockFetcher filter results. Below is a page with more details:

StockFetcher Chat Help Introduction.

As far as future features we are planning on rolling out:
  • Ability for members to create new chat channels.
  • Daily digest of chat logs to appropriate StockFetcher forum sections.
  • Expanding "in-chat" charting.
  • User customized chat alerts and watch lists.

As always, please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions!

StockFetcher.com Support

• nikoschopen
    2,824 posts
    msg #54534
    Ignore nikoschopen
    9/4/2007 10:54:01 AM

Hehe, whoever said StockFetcher isn't user-friendly is a liar. I have yet to officially check out the chat feature, but it looks promising. Thanks!

nikoschopen
    2,824 posts
    msg #54535
    Ignore nikoschopen
    9/4/2007 11:12:01 AM

Couple things that I see needs an enhancement. First, I didn't see any other channel but "Channel 1". Do we have a choice in the matter to create and name a channel of our own (eg. "Daytrade daredevils"). Additionally, I would like to see a private messaging feature added to the chat room.

nikoschopen
    2,824 posts
    msg #54544
    Ignore nikoschopen
    9/4/2007 2:56:41 PM

I also noticed a tab labeled "Chat" at the top. It would be nice to utilize multiple tabs to switch between, say, different chat rooms (or for other purposes) as you would in Firefox (or IE7 for that matter). Also can we be able to add hyperlinks in our messages?

nikoschopen
    2,824 posts
    msg #54545
    Ignore nikoschopen
    9/4/2007 3:01:04 PM

It's cool to be reminded in the chat window that a new post has been made to the forum (i.e. New Forum Message: StockFetcher Chat, by: nikoschopen) However, for convenience sake, this needs to be made "clickable".

stockfetcher
    979 posts
    msg #54546
    9/4/2007 3:33:43 PM

Hi,

Great feedback! A couple comments:

1) We definitely plan on multiple chat channels via the tab section you see at the top of the chat page.
    2) Custom, topic specific, channels will be possible (with descriptive names and descriptions for the channels)
    3) Private messaging is definitely in the works.
    4) The forum update links you noticed in the chat log are clickable. We will try to make that more obvious, but you should be able to click on the actual subject of the chat.

Thanks again!

StockFetcher.com Support

lockwhiz
    206 posts
    msg #54562
    Ignore lockwhiz
    9/4/2007 8:20:11 PM

GREAT JOB !!
    Thanks for putting this together ...

karennma
    8,057 posts
    msg #54565
    Ignore karennma
    9/4/2007 9:53:49 PM

Help!
    I clicked "select a channel", but nothing happened.
    :>(

stockfetcher
    979 posts
    msg #56421
    11/5/2007 7:32:31 AM

We wanted to let everyone know that after an initial trial period we have decided to discontinue the StockFetcher "Chat" feature. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you!

StockFetcher Support

danv83
    44 posts
    msg #56635
    Ignore danv83
    11/9/2007 4:25:21 PM

Here's a neat way to chat on this site

http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://stockfetcher.com

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · StockFetcher Chat<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
    EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.