StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THEE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 >>Post Follow-up
mystiq
650 posts
msg #67249
Ignore mystiq
9/13/2008 4:22:02 AM

never mind--figured it out..!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67252
Ignore chetron
9/13/2008 7:35:24 AM

GOOD JOB.

deilands
3 posts
msg #67324
Ignore deilands
9/16/2008 11:14:14 AM

Had to post and say this thing is great. I'm using it with options and keeping to a 20% ROI. Good job and great filter.

-Deiland.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #67370
Ignore SFMc01
9/17/2008 1:58:29 PM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"deilands
- Ignore deilands 9/16/2008 11:14:14 AM

Had to post and say this thing is great. I'm using it with options and keeping to a 20% ROI. Good job and great filter.

-Deiland."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the information. Couple of questions please:
#1. 20%ROI per transaction or annualized?

#2. Which specific filter are you referring to since there are several?

Thanks again ... Steve

got2bfree
6 posts
msg #67397
Ignore got2bfree
9/18/2008 2:45:57 AM

- WSG -

I'm a newbie w/SF although I've made some fairly reliable filters, I've used my experience (which is limited in comparison!) versus backtesting (haven't figured it out completely yet). I'd never post one of my filters after seeing this one...lol! In spite of what the naysayers say, they can't deny the overwhelmingly positive results of this filter, if they run it as you suggested. Winston Churchill said: "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is" This filter AND YOU are absolutely "The Truth". Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Respectfully,
Got2BFree

deilands
3 posts
msg #67417
Ignore deilands
9/18/2008 10:54:18 AM

20% ROI per Transaction - though as I've been paper trading I may reduce that to 15% or so - I will say that it has been important to watch the market the last couple of days as the bottom filter doesn't like 300 - 400 point drops ;-) -D

killerdude
32 posts
msg #67459
Ignore killerdude
9/18/2008 6:56:07 PM

Here is what I do...but I know it could be much better

I take the volume up to 500,000, and set an average daily range greater than 5 or ??...to narow down the selection of stocks.I will bring it down to get an average of 10 - 20 stocks..with a high adval as well

I usually take the top 3 of these, and keep them for 3 - 4 days waiting for a divergence...or a break above the 60 minute line.

I use stock charts.com...with a macd (3,16,4), and an aroon of 18..when these indicator go positive..it is usually for a good 5-10 % ride..sometimes more

the only frustrating thing is that many of the picks never get above the 60 minute mark...and several head fakes as well....

I have day job,,and the bozos there only allow internet access every break..and/or lunch...

for deilands

pls expand on 20% per transaction....it is greatly appreciated!!

I have also added bullish harami...and this catches the occassional rockets as well..still playing with that though

sharing of any of your ideas is greatly appreciated!!

thanks again everyone

and thanks again RIGGS for a really great filter!!

DOOD

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67483
Ignore mystiq
9/19/2008 4:08:55 AM

---try using RVI/MACD Divergence /BOLLINGER BAND with THE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!--- ;-]

mktmole
325 posts
msg #67780
Ignore mktmole
9/26/2008 9:50:37 AM

mistiq;
would you care to elaborate on your statement as to what you are doing? tks.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67810
Ignore mystiq
9/27/2008 3:44:08 AM

---try using RVI/MACD Divergence /BOLLINGER BAND with THE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!--- ;-]
mktmole
mistiq;
would you care to elaborate on your statement as to what you are doing? tks

--->use THE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!--- with RVI , MACD , & BOLLINGER BAND confirmations...
look up the combinations in the FORUM search & you will eventually see the idea.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THEE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.