StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · mika's Dragon-Tail filter<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29223
Ignore knowsenough
10/9/2003 10:34:34 PM

Modified your scan.......
Ran your scan straight as written with just price range mod. and got one losey hit....so I took all your scripted indicators and made them reflect what I feel are proper values, without adding or eliminating any, and got these hits, SVVS, DFIB, HOMS, AVN, ACPW, PLUM, VERT, VSNT, METLF. Just thought I'd post them and let the conclusion validate the changes made were needed. Doing this before tomorrow's expected losing day, as I did not see enough buying at the close to support the DJI candle that was flashed. After months of a cluge of indicators script study and faithful daily running did you determine that the simpler the script the better the results? I did. Did your scan find IMOS last night? Mine did.

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29320
Ignore knowsenough
10/14/2003 4:42:19 PM

"Modified your scan".... recap.
Well it's been two trading days now since I posted the scan hits from the modified Dragon-Tail....... SVVS, DFIB, HOMS, AVN, ACPW, PLUM, VERT, VSNT, METLF. So, let's see where they're at so far. Looks like one pick is down .008 as of today's close and all the rest are up, although some hardly. Best appreciation is 34.5% for PLUM & 16% for HOMS, so I guess w/some tweaking... the scan can be made to find a few winners. It will be interesting to see what timeline this scan requires as it's obviously not a daytrade scan, although yesterday's light holiday trading does tarnish the results a bit. Will update again.

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29321
Ignore knowsenough
10/14/2003 4:46:04 PM

"Modified your scan" recap. "correction" = 3 days.....

risjr
229 posts
msg #29322
Ignore risjr
10/14/2003 6:17:13 PM

Hi KNOWSENOUGH

If possible, what modifications did you make to the filter?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29323
Ignore knowsenough
10/14/2003 8:31:07 PM

Recap. response to RON........
Won't sell the farm..... sorry. A lil history: I put in an averge of 5 man hours/6 days a week min. from March, when I discovered this site, to early Aug. I went paid here in May and created/ran my scripts. So far w/help from scans bringing what I seek to me, I eclipsed last years 32% account gain with a 41% one yr. to date if I sellout at the open tomorrow. Dragon-Tail scan found CBMX (used to own) and MIPS as you know already if you ran it. I ran my mod. version and got these....CDE, ALT, EASY, NXXI, RNDC, NMGC, EBIO, FIBR, ICAD, XEDA, CRXL, DIGI, HOFF, ZILA. I like a lot of these charts much more than the two former, and will be studying the fundamentals of some of the un-familiar hits. Some would complain that this is too excessive a list, but I don't see it that way, as now w/14 offers having decent charts...I can pick the best one's that are also fundamentally sound and in the right sector, especially since it appears we are experiencing some re-shuffle. Maybe you can find something of interest in the mix. Good Luck, as MOMO appears live and well based on the close/AH activity.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #29324
Ignore xplorer
10/14/2003 9:18:05 PM

Knowsenough ... so what does you filter look like ? ... anything like the modifications that have been posted ? ... here is what I see as the last of the consolidations:

Fetcher[Show stocks where Exchange is Nasdaq
and close minus low is more than 300 above open minus high
and volume is above volume 1 day ago
and volume is above average volume(5)
and lrs(45) is above 0
and average volume(30) is above 90000
and low is between 0.7 and 4.7
and close is below close 1 day ago
]

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29359
Ignore EWZuber
10/19/2003 6:39:51 AM

Mika
Your dragon tail filter turned out a reasonably good prospect tonight based on technicals, CLKS.
Daily chart stochastics have +crossed over.
Weekly chart stochastics lines are attempting to converge.
Friday it bounced up off a 1 & 1/2 month supporting trendline.
The 15, 25 & 50 DMAs are all flat and suitable as support.

The stock closed just a tad above a short term resistance trendline @ $1.80 on about ADV.
Fundamentals seem to be going nowhere. Revenues and 'earnings' are stuck in a tight range. they have little to no Long Term Debt but they have consistently lost money.
They claim they'll turn an +8C EPS profit next FY but about 3 months ago they revised estimates down substantially for the current quarter, so may not deliver on FY 04 either.
Earnings come out Oct.29 after the close. JMHO

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #29361
Ignore knowsenough
10/19/2003 9:50:41 AM

Re: EWZuber...that pick could be good.......
CLKS comes up on my modified Dragon-Tail scan also, along with AKLM, VNWK, GOCM, WOLV, HOFF, AMUT. After historical price checking of the last two posted lists from this scan...it appears to be a 1-3 day type and has found some Index's Top % gainers. FWIW

mika
131 posts
msg #29362
Ignore mika
10/19/2003 11:56:55 AM

Z,
Seems like you have time til that "due date". Remember, 3 to 5 days or 8-15%, whichever comes first. Fundamentals are in the chart. :)

BTW, I'm 100% cash now.. Volume is light, and my Spidee sense tells me Goblin is waiting right around the corner..

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29367
Ignore EWZuber
10/20/2003 3:56:28 AM

mika
I'm all in cash too for the moment. Got out of TXCC with +13% and SPIL +5%. Looking to get back into SPIL cause I suspect it will have a muted distribution phase this time around and an aggressive accumulation phase very soon approaching the 52 week high. JMHO

Not sure what you meant by 3 ~ 5 days or 8 ~ 15%. If you mean trade durations, well, I prefer to let the indicators dictate how long a position is held. It's just my opinion, but I think that anything else is a bit arbitrary. I don't want to be the one telling the market what I expect of it, rather i will let the market dictate to me how long the position is valid.
I believe that learning about the market is a lesson in acceptance.

My prediction that the resistance trendline around 1,880 would hold back the NASDAQ because of the Monthly cycle -xover did not come to be. Even with the market being very overbought both long and short term at the time. NASDAQ is approaching some resistance at an old cycle high at 2,100 and Monthly cycle stochastics have -xovered. If you look at a 2 year Monthly periodicity chart and compare the cycle tops though, you'll find that this time there is little divergence between the fast and slow lines compared to the last major cycle -xover in Feb.2002. This is how a cycle starts to oscillate at the overbought end of the indicator and is usually a very bullish indication and tells us that the distribution phase is being severely muted. The minor -xover we had in Feb. of 2003 was also extremely muted because of the bullish Quarterly chart stochastics rising in accumulation ( which it still is ).

With Weekly chart stochastics recent +xover while still overbought, this should mitigate this distribution phase in the Daily chart that just began a couple days ago. Of course a flurry of poor earnings reports could change that quickly. In absense of that I will remain cautiously Bullish. Buying volume remains good.

I suspect that as long as earnings come in good the markets will do ok.

Right now the NASDAQ is testing support at the cycle high made on 9/19 @ 1,913.
It is very short term oversold on hourly charts ( reaching a value of 7 ) and was trying to bounce here on Friday near the close. A confirmation of this as support would be very bullish and support taking new trading positions. JMHO

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · mika's Dragon-Tail filter<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.