StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtest Problems (Dear StockFetcher)<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #108239
Ignore marine2
10/2/2012 2:47:08 AM

Is anyone having problems backtesting using this latest backtest system? It was working fine until yesterday, October 1st. What it does is, when I ask the backtest system to start (when I hit the start button) it then shows the bar as it goes through completion phase (from red to green colors) and then when it hits the 95% completion it just stops? I wait and wait for it to complete but it never does. I have tried different things to see if anything will work but to no avail. I have aborted the action and restarted it again, I have aborted the action and delete it, then leave all of StockFetcher then come back in and still nothing works. I am dumb founded on how to make this work. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thank you

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #108241
10/2/2012 7:56:39 AM

Please provide the name of a saved backtest that is showing this problem and we would be more than happy to look into this issue further.

StockFetcher Support

alastair9
5 posts
msg #108242
Ignore alastair9
10/2/2012 9:46:42 AM

I've also experienced this. It seems to be on tests that have the most recent available date as the end date for the test (in today's case, this would be October 1st 2012). Changing the end date to any other date seems to resolve the problem.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #108243
10/2/2012 9:53:09 AM

Thank you for the additional detail, that will help us track down the issue.

Update: This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem.

StockFetcher Support

marine2
963 posts
msg #108252
Ignore marine2
10/2/2012 2:33:24 PM

What I found to get around the problem (stopping at the completion level at 95%) was to remove my "Stop Loss" % number that is located under the backtest edit section under the tab name of "Exit". When I had a figure in there such as Stop Loss of 8% as an example the backtest completion would then stop at 95%. When I removed the "Stop Loss" number and left that space empty (0) the backtest would work successfully. Myself, I was thinking the "Stop Loss" area was the culprit.

All this happened on October 1st and I never had a problem on earlier dates. Perhaps this guys idea that the "end" date was the culprit might have some merit in addition to the "Stop Loss" field.

I have tried the backtest tool today, October 2nd, 2012 and have not had a problem completing my backtest. I have tried multiple backtests on this Oct 2nd date along with various "Stop Loss" numbers and everything seems to go to completion.

Lastly, I just want to say, when I was running the backtest and it was getting hung up at the 95% completion level my computer began running faster and faster where-by giving me the notion the computer was going to fry. I would have to close out the StockFetcher site to get my computer to calm down. This gave me the impression this backtest program was looping in some fashion. Now today, I have run completed backtests and the computer does work a little faster processing the testing but no where's near the heated level it was experiencing on October 1st.

I hope all this helps and thank you all for responding to this problem.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtest Problems (Dear StockFetcher)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.